lagos

It was Steve, he smiled as he entered the room.

"Hey, we've got our first mission with all the new recruits," Steve states as he stands in the doorway.

"Oh, already?" I say

"Well that is if you're up for it. I know a lot happened in Sokovia and I just wanted to make sure that you feel ready," Steve replies

I motion for him to come in and sit down on the bed. He shuffles over and sits on the opposite end of the bed. He was wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a grey fitted t-shirt which hugged his body so well. I found myself staring at his muscles that were being shown off through his shirt rather than making eye contact.

"woah woah, eye's up here," he says with a chuckle

"I- I'm sorry," I say while turning red

"It's okay, I don't mind," he smiles

I smile back at him and we continue a few seconds of deep eye contact. Most of my recent moments with Steve were just entangled in deep, intense eye contact. He had these eyes that anyone could find themself getting lost in for hours on end. When he would flash his perfect smile it made him even more mesmerizing.

"So, what's this new mission?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"We have to head to Lagos in the morning," he states

"Lagos, Nigeria? what's there?" I ask

"We've been asked to chase down an Ex-Hydra member. His name is Brock Rumlow. We've gathered intel that he and a few others will be making an attack on the Institute of Infectious Disease, on the hunt for some biological weapon that they're holding there," Steve replies

"Sounds dangerous, Lagos has a lot of civilians," I say

"I know, that's one of my biggest worries. We have to keep the civilians safe," he says while looking at the ground.

"I'll help Cap, It'll be ok," I say with a smile

"Cap?" he asks, looking confused.

"Yeah, that's you isn't it?" I reply

"Well yes, but you don't usually call me Cap. Its always been 'Steve'. I like it," he says with a slight blush.

"Do you want to watch this movie with me before I go to bed, Steve?" I ask

"What movie is it?" he asks while coming up to sit next to me.

"Well, I was going to put 'Titanic' on since I haven't watched it in a while," I say while grabbing the remote.

"Hm, I haven't seen it, maybe I will join you," he smiles

We sit next to each other in silence as the movie starts. Before Steve came in I was planning on heading right to bed due to my early morning today but once he did come in and sat down with me, a part of me didn't want him to leave. I wasn't sure where I stood romantically when it comes to Steve but what I did know was that I find comfort in him. About an hour into the movie, I felt my eyes getting heavy. I slowly started to lean into Steve's shoulder as I got more and more tired. He noticed soon after and moved his arm to wrap it around me and pull me close. As I rested my head on Steve's chest I could hear his heartbeat, I could feel the warmth of his body against my skin. I looked up at him as he watched the movie, absolutely captivated by every scene. As much as I loved the feeling of being here with Steve, having him hold me close and feeling his skin on mine. I couldn't stop thinking about a certain synthazoid. Although Vision wasn't technically human, it felt like he was. During the time I spent with him, I could feel something within him, something that was almost human but better. There were no bad parts of Vision, he's kind, a good listener, hard working, positive, smart and we have common interests. What I have with Steve feels different than that. Yes, we may have some chemistry but in so many way's we were so different.