acquacotta and shakespeare

As my eyes slowly opened, I woke up feeling a sense of comfort. I moved my arm to stretch but found myself entangled in the arms of Vision. He laid there beside me, looking at peace as he slept next to me. I just laid there and studied his face as he slept. His facial features were perfectly symmetrical and chiselled. His tone was a perfect shade of red that was complemented with the silver detailing upon his face. The stone that rested in the middle of his forehead was a soft yellow and it all just worked together. Even though Vision wasn't technically human, there was something about him that made him seem like he was. Maybe it was his perfect attributes or his polite mannerisms. No matter what it was, I found myself adoring it. I lifted my hand and lightly traced my pointer finger upon Vision's cheek. He felt so soft and smooth. The sun perfectly hit his features making him appear god-like. This moment wasn't a dream but it sure did feel like one. His eyes began to flutter open and once they did, we locked eyes immediately. Once he realized how close and entangled we were I watched as the anxiety crept into his expression. He was nervous once again. He looked deep into my eyes and I just studied his. I smiled at him and his expression wiped away and he calmed down, returning a smile.

"Well, good morning," I say quietly.

"Good morning indeed," he replied, equally as quiet.

We both began to sit up from our entangled position. I stood up from my bed and Vision just watched me as I began to pick up things off of my floor. I didn't notice how messy my room was when he came in last night.

"I'm sorry for the mess, I didn't notice it," I say to him with a pile of clothes in my hands.

"It's okay, I hardly noticed," he replied while getting out of the bed and fixing my sheets for me.

"Do you happen to know what time it is?" I ask him while fixing up my closet.

"It is 7:30 am," he replied

I finished tidying up the bedroom and turned around as his eyes met mine.

"Do you have anything to do today?" I ask him

"I don't believe I do," he replied with a smile

I got red and became very nervous. I wanted to ask him if he wanted to spend the day together but I had no idea what he would say.

"Would you like to spend the day together?" he asked, it was almost as if he read my mind.

"I would love to," I said with a smile and sigh of relief

Nat, Tony and Rhodey had left today for Vienna. The signing of the accords was tomorrow and they wanted to head in early. I knew that Vision was in favour of the accords but I had no idea why he didn't leave with the rest for the signing of it. I had no idea where Wanda was but I did know that she was not going to sign the Accords with the others in Vienna. Sam had left last night to meet Steve in London. He knew Steve would need a friend while attending Peggy's funeral.  For the first bit of the day, Vision and I read together in the library, we sat in silence reading our books but just having his presence there comforted me. Vision peeked over his book and looked at me. I smiled in return.

"What do you say to some food?" he asks

"Let's do it," I say with a smile as I place my book down

We head to the kitchen and Vision pulls out a cookbook from one of the cupboards. I didn't even know we had those. He flips through and picks a recipe.

"What're you making?" I ask

"You'll have to wait and see," he replies

I sit on the opposite side of the island as I watch Vision cook. He frantically looks around the kitchen with a puzzled expression on his face. After watching him start the dish I puzzle the pieces together.