home?

Thor looks at Thanos in absolute disbelief.

"What did you do?" Thor mutters

"What did you do!" Thor repeats, raising his voice

Thanos looks around and just before our eyes. He disappears. Thor rushes over to help me up, he pulls me into a hug and shields my eyes from Vision's lifeless body. I pull from our hug and look over at Steve. He looks at me in shock.

"Where did he go?" Steve asks

"I don't know," I reply

Steve looks around him, looking for Thanos I assume. Thor releases me from his embrace and I look around.

"Steve?" I hear Bucky say

I look in the direction that the distressed voice came from and my eyes widen. Just before our eyes, Bucky was fading away. He drops his gun and drops to the ground, his figure disappearing into thin air. Steve's eyes meet mine, eyes widening.

"Steve, what's happening?" I ask

"He won..." Steve replies, looking around for his teammates

Steve walks over to where Bucky once stood and drops to his knees. His hand touches the ground and he bows his head. Thor and I look at each other in disbelief. Suddenly, Okoye can be heard screaming. As I look around I see members of the team fading into thin air. I look over at Wanda as she looks into my eyes, she begins to fade into the air. She doesn't look scared though, she looks at peace.

"Wanda, no," I say as I rush to her.

I grab her hand and her grip fades as she disappears. I hear Rhodes yelling for Sam, as he looks around frantically. Everyone regroups and they look in the direction of Vision's body. I kneel beside his body as I sob into his cold vibranium skin. Steve comes up behind me and places his hand on my shoulder. I look up at him and his eyes meet mine. He wears a sympathetic expression. I turn to face him and lean into his chest. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close. I sob into his chest and he holds his hand on my head, keeping me close.

"I'm here, it'll be okay," Steve states

Nat comes running in and she stops in her tracks as she sees Vision's dead body. The air is filled with a feeling of defeat. I pull away from Steve's embrace, he looks around at everyone and bows his head looking at the ground.

"Oh god..." Steve states

I stand up to look at every one. Everyone has a sad expression on their face, we all lost something today. Nat looks at me as a few tears stream down her face, I pull her in for a hug and she hugs back. We end our embrace and she wipes her tears. I put my hand on Steve's shoulder and he stands up, wiping his eyes.

"What do we do now?" I ask

"I don't know..." Steve states

Steve always knew what to do. Should we go home?

Where is home now that my home was dead?

"We should regroup with everyone. Take a census on the ones who remain," Nat states

Rhodes walks up, lifting Vision's body and carrying it as we walked to regroup with everyone. T'Chala was gone, Wanda was gone, Shuri was gone, Sam was gone, Bucky was gone. Everyone lost someone today, either if it was in the snap or it in battle. Everyone regrouped and Okoye decided it would be best if we returned home so Wakanda could handle what it needed to. Everyone loaded onto the quin-jet and we took off. Rhodes still held Vision's body in his arms. I sat beside Nat and Steve. Each of them held either of my hands, making sure I was okay. The ride home was silent, I had no idea what to say even if I did want to break the silence. After an hour of silence and grief, we landed in New York at the Facility. Steve helped me out of the quin-jet and I stumbled as we walked through the doors. Memories began to flood over me as we walked through the building. When we passed the kitchen, I saw Vision and I cooking together as we talked about our likes and dislikes, getting to know each other. We passed the common room and I saw myself sleeping with my head in Vision's lap as everyone The Great Gatsby. We walked by the lab and I saw Vision and I talking about nano-tech, him smiling as I explain my research. We finally reached my old bedroom and I froze in the doorway. I saw Vision, sitting in my bed reading. It looked so real, almost as if everything in Wakanda had never happened and he was here, waiting to read to me in bed. I couldn't enter the room before I broke down to the floor in tears. Steve dropped down with me and held me close.

"It's okay, It'll be okay, I am so sorry," Steve whispers as he holds me close

I continue to sob into his should and he comforts me, letting me get all my emotions out. Steve helps me stand and sits me on the edge of the bed. He leaves me to sit as he goes into the bathroom, coming back with a wet cloth. I stare blankly at the wall as Steve sits beside me, cleaning my cuts that accumulated during the battle.

"I never got to hear him say I love you before today. He and I were supposed to have our own always and forever," I state

Steve just listens attentively as he continues to aid my wounds.

"He made me feel safe. He would read to me and we would go on walks every day. We would watch movies together at night... his favourite was Beauty and the Beast. He once asked me if he was the beast... he was self-conscious about the fact that there were somethings we couldn't do together since he wasn't human. He made me feel like I was the only girl in the entire world," I continue

Steve stops cleaning my cuts, he places his hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

"In a way, he's still here. He is always going to be with you," Steve states

"I should've done more, I should've given it my all. I should've stopped Thanos," I state

"You did everything you could," Steve replies

"Did I? I would have laid down my life if it meant stopping Thanos," I reply

"I know you would've. Vision wouldn't want that, I knew he wouldn't," Steve states

I look down at the ground, more warm tears rolling down my cheeks.

"You're right. It's the last thing he would've wanted," I say with a slight chuckle, remembering how kind he was.

"Are you okay to be here alone?" Steve asks

"I'm not sure... I think so. It just feels weird to be here, all of my belongings are in Scotland," I state

"I can help if you want, I can go with you to Scotland to gather yours and Vision's things if you'd like," Steve says in sympathy

"Yes please," I reply

He smiles at me weakly and nods his head.

"We can leave tomorrow morning. As of right now, get some rest," he states as he stands up to leave

"Alright, sounds good Cap," I reply

He turns and looks back at me with a confused expression on his face.

"Sorry, sounds good Steve," I say

"I'll see you tomorrow, yell if you need anything," he replies

I simply nod as he leaves the room. He closes the door behind him to give me privacy. I begin to take off my suit, scanning my body in the mirror for wounds. All I had was a few minor cuts and bruises, nothing too bad that wouldn't heal over time. I looked in my drawers for any clothes that I left behind. In the bottom drawer, I found a few shirts and a pair of sweatpants. I pulled out a white, large t-shirt. I held it in front of me to examine it. This shirt was not mine. This shirt was Visions. I pulled it close, taking in his scent that still lingered on the shirt. I pulled it over my head and wrapped my arms around myself. It wasn't him but it was as close as I had. I pulled on the sweatpants and sat back down in my bed. I ran my hands through my hair, I felt gross. I wanted to shower but I didn't have the energy. I got up and headed to the bathroom, knowing that taking a shower was probably a good idea. The water in the shower was warm and comforting. I stood under the water and it trickled down my skin, cleaning all the cuts and dirt on my body. I liked the warmth from the water. I needed this.