Chapter 16. Dark Side.

'Or will you stay even if it hurts?

Even if I try to push you out, will you return?

And remind me who I really am,

please remind me who I really am.

Everybody's got a dark side,

do you love me?

Can you love mine?'.

I lied on my bed. Why had I been that stupid? Why did I say all those things to Niall? Why didn’t I say that yes, I wanted to try it? I needed t talk to him as soon as possible; I needed to tell him the truth. But I couldn’t, I needed to clear my mind, I needed to know how I felt about him, and if it was the right thing. It was time to turn the page over; time to forget what Dylan and my dad did to me. I never forgave him, even though my mum did. I didn’t even try hard to keep in touch qith him. How long has it been since that happened? Five years? Yes, that’s right, five years. I was turning 15 that same day. My mum came home crying, and my sister tried not to let me notice about it, but failed at it. Since that day my mum handled lie after lie and my relationship with my father was never the same. They ended up getting divorced, although my mum is still in love with him. My sister and I tried to change her mind, but I guess that’s just impossible. They still get along, and something no one can change. Since that day I never trusted any man again, until I met Dylan. He promised he would make me happy and that everything would be okay; however he didn’t keep his promise. But unlike my father, I forgave him, time after time. And that was when I realized what my mum felt all the time she forgave my father. And I decided I didn’t want to be like her, I didn’t want to spend years living that way, waiting for someone who the only thing he do was hurt me. It hurt breaking up with him, but it was the best thing I could do. But Niall’s not like him, he just couldn’t be. He couldn’t be like my father, or Dylan. He was waiting for me, he was handling all my stupidness, and that was what made him different. I mattered something for him. I wanted to give him a chance; I had to talk to him. But I needed some time to think about it. I didn’t want to mess it all up again, this time I needed to be sure of what to say, what to do. I needed to be sure of how I felt.

Days after…

Niall’s POV

I hadn’t spoken to Maddie again since that day.  Apparently she didn’t care as much as I thought. I just wanted her to take some time to think about everything that’s happened. I just wanted her to call me when she figured out how she really felt, but she didn’t. I guess I’ll have to forget her. But I just couldn’t get her out of my mind; I couldn’t help but think about her every single day. It was driving me crazy and the lads had realized. They asked me about Maddie many times, but I just told them I hadn’t seen her because she was working or whatever it came to my mind, but I never told them the truth. We were rehearsing, and I was doing nothing in the right way, I just couldn’t focused on it. We decided to take a break. I sato n a char and checked Twitter. Maddie had been speaking to Danny.

Maddie Johnson @Dannymcfly long time since we last spoke, thank god you let me know you’re still alive via skype!

Danny Jones @MaddieJohnson I know, and thank god you let me know about your friend :)

Maddie Johnson @Dannymcfly he’s not my friend!

Danny Jones @MaddieJohnson c’mon, turn the laptop off and call him :)