Chapter 36. Breaking your own heart.

Hey guys! Here you have chapter 36, we hope you like it! Thanks again for all the comments, reads and votes in every chapter, it really means a lot. Aaaand thanks for hitting more than 1,000,000 reads you guys are awesome! :) 

Dedication goes to @kcooksstories because she's been with us since the very beginning of the story! :)

Much love xxx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'You're breaking your own heart,

taking it too far down the lonely road.

You say you just want love 

but when it's close enough you just let it go.

The very thing you've been the most afraid of,

you've been doing it from the start, breaking your own heart'.

I woke up and he was the first thing I saw. He was still sleeping, while my head was resting on his chest. In that moment, I remembered everything that had happened the night before. I had had my first time with someone I loved, someone that loved me back, wasn’t I supposed to be happy? Wasn’t I supposed to be excited and dying to tell my best friend all about it? Yes, it was supposed to be like that. But no, I wasn’t happy nor excited, and I didn’t want to tell Leigh what had happened. Truth is, I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know if I should leave, or stay, or wake him up, or go back to sleep… I didn’t know anything at all. Everything had been too unexpected. Maybe I should’ve stopped him, we hadn’t even fixed things completely. I didn’t know if this had been good or bad. I didn’t want to make a decision lightly, because if I did, the only person who would end up hurt would be Niall, and I didn’t want to do it again. I got up stealthily trying to not wake him up, and started to get dressed.

“Where are you going?”, he asked.

Crap. He was awake.

“I have to go to work”, I lied.

“Don’t you want to stay?”

“No, I really need to go, I don’t want to be late”.

“C’mon Maddie, I’m sure you can skip work at least for today”.

“No, you know I can’t”.

“Do you want me to pick you up later and have lunch together?”

“No”.

“Maddie, is there something wrong?”

“No, nothing”.

“Are you sure?”

I nodded and when I was all dressed, I turned around and looked at him one last time.

“Bye Niall”, I said.

I left without waiting for him to say anything back. I took my phone from my pocket and called Alan to ask him to pick me up. When he arrived I jumped into his car in silence.

“Maddie, that’s Niall’s house, isn’t it?”, he said before starting the car.

“Yes”, I said, as he drove the streets of London.

“Don’t tell me that you guys…”

“Yes. I don’t know how it happened, or why, but yes, we did it”, I interrupted him.