Chapter 8. (Drag your heart up to) the starting line.

Hey guys! we said we'd upload the chapter as soon as we reached 85 reads and you've gotten us to more than 100! Thank you so so so much! :) Here you have chapter 8. Hope you enjoy it and like the song by Keane :)

Don't forget to check out 'Too Good To Be True' and let us know what you think about its end :)

lots of love xxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'You think you've done your journey

then you stumble and find that there's such a long way to go.

Drag you heart up to the starting line.'

I got up early since I had to work, and I had to drive back to London. I went to the kitchen and found Chris and Jade having breakfast. I took a chair and Jade gave me some food.

“Maddie, I’ve been thinking maybe we could go shopping today” Jade said.

“I can’t, I gotta go to work.”

“What time does your shift start?”

“10.”

“It’s still 8.”

“I know, but I have to drive back to London and I want to get home before heading to the shop.”

“Well, I should get going to work. It’s been nice to see you again Maddie” Chris said. He kissed me on my forehead and left. Jade sat next to me, and she wouldn’t stop staring at me.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Do you want to talk about that Niall?”

“There’s nothing to talk about Jade, nothing happened.”

“And why are you feeling like that then?”

“What do you mean?”

“You look sad, and that boy can’t stop calling you.”

I sighed and started to tell her the whole story. She nodded and laughed from time to time. When I finished, I sighed again, looked at her and smiled. She laughed at my attitude.

“You like that boy, don’t you?”

“No.”

“If you didn’t like him you wouldn’t have acted like that when you saw him kissing that girl.”

“It’s not that I like him, but it bothers me that he was late just to be with that girl.”

“Maddie, why don’t you try to get along with him?”

“Don’t you think I’ve tried?”

“Then try it again. When I first met Chris I didn’t like him at all and we didn’t get on very well, but look at us now, we’ve been together since we were your age, and we’re already 25.”

“But why would I want to get along with him?”

“If you get to know him, he might surprise you.”

“Well Jade, I don’t know what I’ll do, but now I have to go" I said, getting up from the chair.

“Alright, see you.”

I took my stuff and jumped into Nate’s car. Before I started driving I checked my phone once again, 5 missed calls  and another text from Niall. I deleted it before reading it. I drove 'til I got home and parked near my house. I got off the car and came in to find Leigh and Nate having breakfast in the living room.