|Chapter 4|

Chapter 4; the first of many mistakes

Just as planned, I had grabbed the first filthy man willing to come home with me. I had made sure beforehand that he knew enough to help us get a little closer to solving the mystery revolving around the leader of district one.

Now that guy, whose name I honestly didn't even care asking for, was tightly secured to a chair by rope and questioned by my brother.

"Listen, you better tell me what I want to hear, or you will not walk back home alive," Lucas hissed after the man had decided to play deaf for the past few minutes. I knew Lucas had a very short-lived temper, and I knew he would burst any second, if he didn't get what he wanted.

"I won't tell you shit," The man spat, leaning forward as far as the ropes allowed to look Lucas directly in the eyes. And then his eyes snapped to me.

"And you ... you are a real bitch. Should have known you were up to no good when you came on me like tha'" He spoke deeply, eyes dark. In any other situation, he would have intimidated me with the way he spoke and looked at me, but right now, I felt like I had the upper hand. I mean, I wasn't the one strapped to the chair, was I? I just smirked, letting him know that I didn't care about what he had to say to me.

"This is the last chance, Answer my questions. I won't hesitate to kill you," Lucas warned once again, patience wearing thin.

"Why should I tell you anything? You're the enemy, not my friend. So, fuck off," I believe the man wanted to add something, but my brother's fist landing right on his jaw stopped him from doing so. I winced at the unexpected action and turned around. Violence was something I was never going to get used to.

Lucas didn't stop at that one punch. He continued, I only ever heard the knuckles hitting the skin of the man over and over again. For a moment I felt like placing my hands over my ears to blend out the noises. It was disgusting, hearing the moans of pain from the man that was only in this position because I had brought him here and Lucas' knuckles cracking from how hard he was punching.

It must have been one particularly hard hit that got the man to break.

"Fine, stop. Please, I will tell you,"

Lucas stopped, taking a step back and looking at the man with a stern face. The guy scrunched his face in pain before he spoke up.

"He is a powerful man, he really is," he gulped, "Our district has immense respect for him, in a way like never before. He is ruthless, even against his own people if he finds out something that doesn't please him. He would kill without a second thought," the man looked up in fear. Lucas turned to me, motioning me to leave the room. But I shook my head no.

I knew he would rather want to do this alone, but I also wanted to hear what this man had to say. It could also help me help Lucas.

"Go on, what does he look like?" Lucas asked.

"I am sure that he doesn't look like you expect him to, he is very young. A little over twenty I suppose," Lucas eyes went wide. He had expected the ruthless leader of district one to be way older and to have so much experience. He didn't think it would be a ... kid.

"No way," Even I couldn't believe it. Whenever Lucas had told me some information about the looks of Justin Bieber, I had started painting my own picture of him. And let's just say, he didn't exactly look like a young man.

"It's hard to believe. None of us know how he can have so much power at this young age. He is tall, has light hair and I believe brown eyes. Can't really be sure about the last one. I have barely ever seen him in the light," The man winced when Lucas stepped forward.