|Chapter 5|

Chapter 5; one hell of an incident

I never felt my life slipping through my fingers just like that. I was scared, to say the least.

And Justin Bieber knew that.

After finishing his sentence, he watched me carefully, trying to read my expression.

And the one he got must have been one for the books. Tears started streaming down my face, I started sobbing hysterically and begged him not to do it.

And he just laughed.

"Shut the fuck up, Thorn," he shushed me. I looked at him and wondered why he hadn't pulled his gun or knife at me yet.

"What are you waiting for? If you want to kill me, then just do it. Don't make me wait for it, please. Just do it," I rambled, a sob shaking through me.

He laughed again.

"Will you stop crying? I never said I was going to kill you. I only mentioned that I have never killed a leader's sister before," He shrugged, acting as if he didn't just give me the scare of my life.

I squinted my eyes at him, trying to tell him just through looks how mad I was right now.

"Now, get out of here. And beware, Hunter. Better send a warning to your brother on the way. He won't get through with what he did just like that.

-

"So no information then?" Lucas sighed, and I shook my head.

"No, I'm sorry,"

"No, it's fine. It's not your fault," he smiled and walked into the living room, turning on the television. I followed suit, plopping down next to him on the couch. I tried to focus on the show that was currently played on the television, but I found my thoughts drifting off every now and then.

I couldn't help but let the guilt eat me alive. Yesterdays incidents have left a mark inside my head that I couldn't erase that easily.

I was also scared of the last words Justin Bieber had spoken to me. I didn't want him to take revenge on my brother. It wasn't fair at all. He hadn't been doing anything else but kill people from other districts and question them in order to get all the information he wanted. Now my brother did it for the first time ever and he aught to take revenge immediately.

I was also afraid that he wasn't only after my brother now, but also after me. I was afraid he was going to use me to get information about my brother and catch him at his most vulnerable state.

"Hunter, is everything alright?" Lucas suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned my head to him, feeling slightly lost.

"Yeah, sure. Why?" I rushed out.

"You seem to be so deep in thoughts," Lucas shrugged, turning his attention to the television again.

"Oh," Lucas snapped his head back to me, "I forgot to ask you something. Do you think you have seen him?"

"Seen who?"

"Justin Bieber,"

I bit my lip. I didn't know whether to lie or tell the truth. I decided to do something in between.

"I mean, I think so. I have seen a few people that could be him, judging by the looks," I shrugged, avoiding any eye contact. I felt uncomfortable talking about Justin Bieber, but it was the only topic it seemed my brother and I were talking about lately.