2.6

Hunter Thorn;

Allen told me everything, from my father and his mother, my father killing his father and mother, my own mother, him being alone and the reason him and Lucas really stopped being friends. And after he was done, I was crying like a little child. I felt Justin search for my hand, and with little difficulties he found it, holding onto it tightly. Allen noticed his sweet gesture, but didn't comment on it. He was rather looking at me and my hurt expression, me not wanting to believe anything he told me. But I couldn't think that he wasn't telling the truth, why would he make up such a thing?

I sniffled, looking up at Allen, only to have him look away. I kept staring at him, at his tense jaw and structured face, looking into the distance. It was as if he didn't want to look me in the eye.

Was this a sign that he was lying? Was he only trying to make me vulnerable?

After a while he decided to speak up again, this time, the smirk on his face was present again. It reminded me a lot of Justin when we first started to talk. He would always wear his signature smirk, but lately it had become less occasional.

"You know, it was hard to find both of you." He said, walking around us. It was intimidating, sitting on the floor completely helpless and having someone like Allen walk in front of you, not knowing what his next move could be.

"But thanks to my little spy, I was able to find out the place you both always meet up. And all I had to do, was wait for the right moment. In my opinion, the right moment could have waited a bit. But seeing that Clyde is starting to get in everyone's way lately, I thought I might as well save you from the drama. Because be honest, both of you, you know it's only a matter of time until Clyde pays a little visit to Lucas." Allen finished, and all I did was glare at him. Justin suddenly gripped my hand really tight, my knuckled crushing together. I knew he was only doing it to control his anger, not wanting it to get the best out of him. He was trying to be silent, for my sake.

"Clyde has absolutely no idea what's waiting for him, if he ever crosses my brother!" I said angrily, eyes turning into slits while I looked at Allen. "He can be lucky if he can continue living after this all. Lucas is prepared for everything."

"But apparently not prepared for keeping his sister safe. Because look at you and where you are right now, I can't see your brother anywhere, princess." Allen chuckled, and I had to bite my lip to keep quiet. He was right, Lucas wasn't here, he probably didn't even care where I was at the moment, probably just thinking that I was out for a bit. But I knew it wouldn't take long until he would notice that I was gone, and he would trace me back here. All I hoped for was that I got to see the moment Lucas found us as a living person.

"How did you find us there? I thought I kept it a good secret." I mumbled, more to myself than to anyone else once the question popped up into my head. I never told anyone about that place, and I had always been careful so that no one followed me. It was also a place, not everyone was able to find, so it could have only been someone from district three.

"Well, I might aswell just show you who told me about it." He shortly left the room, only to come back with a petite girl traveling behind him.

And my heart stopped for a minute.

"Laura?" I whispered, shock lingering in my system. She couldn't have done this to me, she was my best friend.

Tears streamed down her face as she turned around to quickly leave the room again, but Allen stopped her from doing so.

"Don't go, babe. Stand up to your actions." Allen said, holding her by her shoulder and then pushing her forward a bit, so that she was standing directly in front of me.