(1) Unexpected Visit

This may just be the start, but It feels like the end, cause it is. My life is over and, I am left to carry all my number of sins. I had many enemies in my time, many having gruesome ends just like myself. love me or hate me I was still your queen, loyal to my people and the king from the start to the very end. Here Is my tale...

15 February 1509

On this fine morning, I sat by my window sill the sun gleaming through hitting the pages of my book. I had to squint my eyes after some time, my eyes losing focus on the pages as my cat Maugex was curled up on my lap whilst I read. I was now unconsciously twiddling my long black tangled hair with my fingers which I did all the time. I was humming to myself, I enjoyed humming my favourite tunes. I enjoyed reading you know, but I must confess I fell asleep very often whilst reading. But today before I could even drift off into a slumber I noticed something out of the corner of my glistening blueish-grey eyes. A carriage had shown up on the grounds of my home, this wasn't any ordinary carriage though, this was a  royal carriage. I watched from the window, I saw my cousin King Louis XII of France hobble out of the carriage with his stick helping him strut along. I jumped up slightly backing up and pumping into someone

"Sorry, Marguerite," I said looking at my younger sister Marguerite who had just turned 17 a few days ago.

"Is that king, Louis," my younger sister asked, and I nodded slightly looking back out the window just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Then my chamber door flew open and my little brother Francis charged in,

"Is it just me or is that" he started

"King Louis, yes" Marguerite answered quite calmly. Francis wrapped his arm around my shoulder. he was now taller than me and could toss me around as much as he pleased but I would not stand for it, literally.

"Maybe he's here to invite me to court" Francis cheerfully said

"I very much doubt that" I laughed ruffling his hair. He then did the same to me and we were ruffling each other heads gradually becoming rougher and faster till we both fell to the ground roaring with laughter. Marguerite shook her head in disapproval then helped us both off the floors, trying to franticly dust Francis's outfit as I did the same to myself. I wonder what Louis was here for? why today of all days? I thought as many other thoughts consumed my mind. Then there was a knock at the door which brought me back to my senses.

"Come in," my sister said even though it was my room. she was still looking at me and Francis in disgust, she had no sense of fun. I grabbed Francis by the shoulder dragging him over and dusting him off. It was our mother holding the king's son in her arms, the little prince was only 7 months old. My brother bowed as they slowly entered the room.

"May all three of you come down soon, the king is here," our mother said walking over to me handing me the tiny little prince, and strutting off. marguerite dusted her dress fixed her hair and gracefully waltzed out of the room while I just stared at the pale baby. I sat back at the window sill now placing the prince up against my chest as I grabbed my book, which I was once reading only a few minutes ago.

"Are you not coming to Charles?" Francis asked leaning against the door frame, as I turned my head to the side to face him.

"Don't call me that, Françoise," I said with a growing smirk. He rolled his eyes dramatically 

"Okay let's go now," I said clutching my book under my arm and he frantically nodded.

"Prince Fredrick of France, Francis Duke of Orléans and Charlotte of Valois Angouleme " was yelled as we entered the dining room. We walked to the head of the table where the king sat, we bowed taking a seat next to each other. a servant swiftly took Prince Fredrick out of my hands as we sat down. Marguerite's husband, Charles flashed us a little grin and began talking to King Louis holding Marguerite's hand tightly. During the meal, my cousin cleared his throat, but I listened briefly not giving him all my attention.