(3) Giddy On Their Love

1st April 1509

I was at the tennis court which was jam-packed and full of people. I made my way to the front and bumped into a lady,

"I am extremely sorry" I replied looking at the beautiful fair lady in front of my eyes.

"it's alright are you new to the court," she asked and I nodded

"I'm guessing your lady Beatrix de Foix, I have heard of your flawless beauty and your charming charisma," she said gripping my hand.

"im sorry but I am not Beatrix, im lady charlotte Valois of Angoulême" i said and she shone me a sincear smile.

"I apologise for the mistake, I had heard of your beauty but I never expected you to be this beautiful. whoever said you were handsome was an understatement" she said and I smiled back.

"you are so kind and how rude of me not to ask for your name," I asked

"lady Anne Stafford, I'm the duke of Buckingham's sister," she said pointing to her brother who was on the court with his racket. I turned to look at her brother, he was a tall man, with red hair and a basic face. he wore a small beard making him look rough and rather better looking. I nodded as I turned to watch the match which I found extremely entertaining. the king was winning, which didn't surprise me but I wasn't sure if it was based on talent or because of his status and power. 

I then saw king henry and the man by his side, Charles Brandon looking in my and Anne's direction. Anne nudged me slightly with a smile of glee while a small smile crept upon my own as I stared at the men who were chatting away. I could barely hear their conversation but heard a few words and phrases. 

"I believe they are talking about us" Anne cheerfully chirped as I drooled over Charles Brandon. he was absolutely handsome. I'd steal the sun just to wake up every morning with his muscular arms wrapped around me. id run up and hill or cave for him, id do anything for that man. his smile, which he had just flashed at me before they resumed playing, made me numb. my knees went all weak, buckling and I felt I could faint right then and there. I latched onto lady Anne's arm for support

"Are you alright," she asked and I shook my head. Francis de Foix-Candale was behind me and latched his arms around me as I fell. I opened my eyes and surrounding me were Francis, Buckingham, Brandon, the king, Buckingham's partner, Anne Stafford and everyone else.

"let her breath, give her space" the king cried out bending down to my side as I looked at him. he grabbed my hand and squeezed

"Are you well," he asked.

"that could have been a nasty fall if it wasn't for Francis" Charles added looking at Francis. Francis smiled and shrugged, before helping me up with Buckingham's help. Francis escorted me out of the court outside,

"thank you," I said turning to look at Francis

"Are you alright, should I fetch a physician," he asked and I shook my head.

"im alright, I just - I just, my eyes were caught by a vision of perfection, athleticism and sportsmanship it was so divine" I shakily said trying to catch my sharp shattered breath.

"who caught your eye, the king," Francis asked placing both his hands on my shoulder and looking deeply into my eyes.

"the king is a handsome and charming man but my eyes wandered to his partner. my eyes were bewitched by that man as he flashed a smile at me, I felt weak and one thing lead to another" I said picturing Charles in my head.

"Charles Brandon," Francis said in shock and I nodded,

"really I thought you'd be after the king, or I may have been spending too much time around Catherine," he said and I full heartily laughed.