(22)New Life & Sickness

5th July 1514

I lay in my sleeping husband's arms as I read a book laying the book on my huge baby bump, to which I had really gotten used to. I felt a lot of discomforts but kept reading as henry began to torment in his sleep. he began tossing, turning and making groaning noises in his sleep like he was being chased. he then began panting heavily a cold sweat rolling down his temple down his shaking body. I looked at him for a few minutes as his jerks and turns became more violent.

"Henry, henry" I softly spoke shaking him, he then wrenched his eyes open sitting up straight and breathing as he had just run through all the acres of lands he owned.

"my love are you alright, is it time," he said panicking I then kissed his forehead,

"I'm fine, you seemed quite--  restless," I said still worried about him and he cleared his throat slightly.

"fine, just a dream," he said  turning around to face the window

"seemed more like a nightmare but you can tell me about it, I'm not sleeping anytime soon," I said but all he did was shift a little.

"id rather not," he said curling up to my side, falling back asleep shortly after as I kept on reading but the discomfort turned to pain. I bite through it ignoring it as much as I could, as it probably was just the baby kicking, cause they could kick really hard. after about 3 hours it became utterly unbearable, I hit henry awake

"yes love" he laughed sleepily rolling over to face me. he then saw my face and sat up worriedly.

"I think it's time henry" I calmly said biting my lip, he got up out of the bed and kissed me, trying to make me feel better, didn't work.

"it'll be alright love," he said walking out of the room at a quick pace

"love you," he said walking back to the doorway, then rushed off in a mad dash. Then moments later my ladies apart from Anne, the physician and midwife entered. after 2 hours of excruciating pain that I had gone through once before but this time felt easier than the last. lady Elizabeth held my hand the whole way through quite unsure of what else to do. at the 4th hour, I heard the cries of a baby and I let out a sigh of relief kissing Elizabeth hand which took her back slightly.

"you did well very well your majesty," the midwife said taking the baby as I lay my head down onto my pillow. Beatrix looked into my eyes looking relieved

"your majesty you did it once again," beth said and Joan joined in congratulating me. I then gathered all my energy which took a minute or two,

"what is it, is it alive," I asked impatiently.

"it's a healthy baby boy," the midwife said and I nodded just feeling pleased with the news, a son. after almost a few minutes my son was placed in a cot by my bed then all the ladies left the room and my husband not long after entered in a hurry.

"How are you Charles," he asked with a smile looking at me

"good, I'd like you to meet our son, Arthur and will become Arthur the 1st of England one day," I said and henry sharply headed towards the cot with a smile filled with pure excitement. he lifted up his son and beamed brightly at the baby in his arms 

"you are so handsome" he cried placing his finger upon his son's cheek, running it down his face.

7th September 1514

I and henry sat in the throne room, In my new fashion trend to show off my lovely legs. I wore a red and white slim fitted skirt, with my own heavy jacket on top. henry didn't really approve but I had spiked a new fashion trend that had caught on at court.