(24) France

16th September 1514

"Henry," I said softly as I entered his chamber and he looked up at me, looking quite startled.

"yes, love," he said gesturing for me to sit down by him so I did.

"Are you okay," I asked looking at his worn-out facial expression and the light bags under his eyes. I then noticed his eyes weren't as bright as they normally were, as he began to twiddle my silk black hair with one finger sloppily.

"I think I should ask you first, are you okay after that night," Henry replied, he had asked me this every single day since I had that nightmare.

"I'm fine henry, that was a week ago," I said caressing his hand as I had turned all my focus to his hand as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"what about you, how are you doing," I asked looking up at him as he sighed.

"my sister won't stop pleading for me to cancel the marriage arrangements, but it's out of my hands now and if it was in my hands I still wouldn't do anything", he said through gritted teeth. He then rested his head all weary on my shoulder blowing a deep sigh, after a few minutes his head shoot up making me jump slightly.

"what if you went with her alongside the duke of Suffolk it may make her feel safer and you'll get to see your family once more" henry explained like it was the best plan he had ever come up with, which is pretty much was and it saved me from asking him. I nodded along to the plan

"I'll let you tell mary the great news, I'm assuming it won't take long to find her," I said reverting my eyes to the door.

"Anyway, I'm must inform Lady Beatrix of our journey and go see my daughter," I said walking towards the door. I opened it and saw the end of a dress swiftly run around the corner and I laughed to myself. I then headed in the opposite direction towards lady Elizabeth's chamber. on the way there I bumped into mary who looked absolutely vexed.

"mary, the king needs to talk to you, he is in his quarters," I said as a smile wiggled onto my lips. she looked at me very hopeful and headed off to her brother's chamber with a huge smile. I knocked on the door and entered the room, where I saw Elizabeth, Joan, jane Popincourt, Louise and Elizabeth Carew. all my ladies stood up and they curtsied as I waltzed in,

"have you ladies seen lady Beatrix," I asked and jane spoke up giggling

"oh yes, we saw her and Lord Charles Howard chatting and heading towards the stables" they all began to giggle.

"oh okay, tell her to meet me at the Duke of Suffolk's residence," I said leaving the room and Charles Bardon stopped me on the way there.

"your majesty, lord Edward Stafford was looking for you he says he needs to discuss something with you," Charles said and I nodded.

"Thanks, your grace I am on my way to go visit Isabella," I said 

"I will escort you" he offered and we both walked side by side. once I turned the corner, gripping my hand with a huge smile on her face.

"thank you" she whispered

"for" I responded still a little shocked by the hug

"asking henry," she said let go of me.

"I didn't ask he came up with it before I could ask, anyway we've got to go," I said lowering her down and walking off Charles by my side. 

28th September 1514

we were now on the ship on our way to France, 

"Charlotte, I can't sleep" mary moaned dragging her feet over like a child. she then sat on my bed and I sleepily sat up with my hair all over, my face full of limited expression.