(16) White Rose Thorns

8th January 1512

For the next few days, I stayed in silence after the loss of my first ever child. I wore black for a whole month with a red and white rose in my hair. I did not smile at all and the same for my husband, but he acted as he was alright but I knew deep down he wasn't, he was hurting. he had gone all out for our son's arrival into the world and 2 months later it was taken away. he stopped playing upon his lute and banned music from the court, which I found quite harsh. I never wanted nor needed children, I once believed but now here I am mourning over the death of my son. it hit me hard, his death I had one job and I failed, but I'm still young and there is still hope. I then began stroking Salem my kitten and my dog Fredrick lay across my lap. I then began to rub his belly making his leg spasm up making me smile.

I was on my way to henry's chamber, I was concerned about him, I haven't seen him in days. I then knocked on the door but I did receive a reply, I then began to bang but nothing.

"I've tried your majesty but he won't budge," Charles Brandon said. I just looked at him disappointment on my face,

"well we will just have to keep on trying, won't we," I said and Charles chuckled.

"you're a real stubborn one, your majesty," he said walking off as I watched him do so till he turned the corner. I then turned my attention back to the chamber door. I had been doing this for almost a whole week and enough was enough. I barged into the room and saw him crying into a pillow.

"I DID NOT TELL THEE TO ENTER" he yelled turning his face towards me, my face full of fear at his reaction. 

"oh it's you, sorry love" he quietly spoke as I walked over to him.

"why Henry" I sharply said and he turned to look me right in the eye,

"why what," he said and I shook my head before speaking.

"why must you suffer in silence, alone and this gravely we can still have other children," I said and Henry turned his head away from me subtly. 

"Henry, I'm sorry," I said as he began playing with my hair softly

"what for, now," he asked looking away from my strong gaze.

"for giving you an unhealthy son," I said and he finally looked into my eyes

"it's not your fault, you gave me a healthy son but the world made our son unhealthy," Henry said holding my hand. I then flung myself on him and he embraced me tightly and I cried on each other's shoulders.

"As you said, We have many years ahead of us," he said kissing my forehead

14th January 1512

it was the morning of my son's funeral and I and henry weren't allowed to go. I think it is better I didn't go, I don't really want to see my son in a black coffin and being buried. I rolled out of bed and my ladies entered they got me into a thick black dress and held a freshly picked red rose in my hand. I wore little makeup because I knew I would cry and I made my lips blood red. I headed outside over to the bridge with my kitten in my hand and stood looking at the river gush. I then looked down at the white rose in my hand as the bone-chilling wind blew my hair out of my face. I then I felt somebody touch my back, and they stood to my side, it was henry. I smiled at him ever so slightly and he did the same to me. I then turned my attention back to the river, listening to the wind whirl past. I turned to thoughts of what henry would have looked like, how he would have acted and what type of king he'd of been. I then turned to look at henry's hand, which held a white rose I then looked at the white rose in my hand. then the thorns dug into my hand causing them to bleed but I ignored this, even though it stung. I then tossed my rose into the water and Henry did the same, I then looked deeply into henry's eyes.

"Parliament agreed to war with France and approved the taxes to fund the conflict," henry said eagerly trying to break the silence. I nodded not really caring, about a few minutes he turned to me hooked by my answer.

"against France your home country," Henry said then I looked at him 

"what," I said snapping out of my lonely but silent and peaceful state.

"Parliament agreed to war with France and approved the taxes to fund the conflict" henry repeated once again

"Okay, when do you have to leave," I asked. he held my hand

"soon, by that, I mean a few weeks," he said and I nodded kissing his cheek. On our way back into the castle, we noticed crowds gathered by the gate, laying flowers and bowing for our son. we stopped to look at them and many bowed their head as we walked inside, showing their respect.

That evening I went to henry's chamber, not wanting him to be alone and myself of course.

"enter," he said and I walked in. I lay in the bed next to him and he wrapped his arm around me

"How you holding up," I asked him and he nodded with a smile.

"it's not the end of the world we can still have many more children," he said looking deeply into my eyes for a brief second and running his hand slowly up my thigh. I quickly grabbed his hand, stopped it from moving and placed it on my waist

"but not tonight," I replied as a sneaky little grin slipt up onto his face.

"I never normally resist you, but if you are up to it tomorrow  I'll be sat right on this bed. waiting for my king to show his love to his little young french rose" I said kissing his cheek.

"you're older than me and you're far from little you are powerful, mature and sexy," he said running his fingers through my hair as I kissed him. I knew I didn't want to disappoint Henry and I wouldn't, I knew it. I suddenly stood up and walked out of henry's chamber not turning back to look at him. I felt I had to be somewhere else and I ended up at Charles Brandon's chamber door. I opened the door and saw him sitting upon his bed head in hands,

"Charles" I spoke causing him to lift his head up immediately, standing up.

"your majesty," he said bowing as I entered the room,

"what happened," I asked placing my hands upon his cheek, cupping his face as I stared into his eyes. 

"she's dead, finally, my wife is dead," he said with a glowing smile and his arm immediately wrapped around my waist. our lips meet as Charles lifted me up high into the air, our lips still magnetically connected. he goes down between my legs leaving an evil grin, licking my middle with only the tip of his tongue. his fingertips barely brushing my entrance.

"come on" I moaned scuffing his hair as I thrust forward trying to get his finger curled deeper into me.

"my impatient English whore" he muttered pushing me down flat onto the bed. he then slipped his cock in me as I set my eyes arching my back once more. he then began to slowly thrust gaining speed, as he lowered down till I lay flat on the bed. as he gained speed it caused his thrusts to become sloppier as he breathed heavily onto me. 

"I hope this heals your pain, my love," I said and Charles began kissing me once more.

"what we're doing is wrong," Charles said a few minutes

"but feels so right, doesn't it?" I muttered and he nodded.

"I love the thrill of what we're doing and I love you" he cried out with a smile.