(13) Ocean Blue Eyes & His Lute

6th January 1511

I was lying on my bed with a book in my hand, then there was a knock on the door. Lady Joan went to get it as I lay my book down. It was the physician, he lay his bag on the floor and examined me. I had been feeling awful the past few days throwing up and dizzy fits even fainting the other day. once he was done he dropped his big bag onto the bed packing his tools and equipment up. after his examination, I asked

"So what's wrong with me, am I okay" impatiently fiddling my fingers.

"your majesty you are with child, congratulations," he said leaving the room. My mouth dropped and I just stared at the spot where he once stood. after a few seconds my dropped mouth turned into a smile, yes I was worried but there was nothing to fear well at least not yet. I was so excited I jumped out of bed and squealed a little, I was so darn happy. I was about to run to henry's chamber to tell him about the news but quickly remembered he was out hunting so I'd have to wait till he returned.

The sky became darker as stars glistened in the night sky and my candles in the room and moon were the only source of light. I held the same old book, which I had been reading all day, then there was another knock at the door. Shortly after henry strutted into the room and over to my bed. He dismissed my ladies and slid into the bed next to me.

"evening Charles," the king said running his hand through my hair.

"evening henry," I said placing my book down and kissing his cheek,

"I have something to tell you" I started looking into his worried-looking blue eyes. he gulped, looking worried, why did he always assume the worst.

"I am with child" I blurted out and henry ocean blue eyes sparkled with joy, he looked so overjoyed, I'm surprised he didn't jump up and dance.

"what - you're really," Henry said taking breathes between each word face growing in excitement and I nodded before he finished the sentence. he drew me into a huge tight embrace, kissing me roughly on the cheek which I liked.

"I love you and you as well" he cheerfully beamed as he placed his hand on my stomach. He kissed my cheek once more, it seemed he couldn't take his hands off me. He ran his fingers through my hair before I drew him into another hug.

15th January 1511

The few next days Henry was in a good mood and held on to me like a trophy. we walked together to the throne room where we spent the rest of the day.

"Wosley" henry called out and cardinal Wosley walked into the throne room and bowed.

"Wosley, have you arranged the ball for today to celebrate my wife and unborn heir," he said and Wosley nodded with a smile.

"Yes, and Congratulations, your Majesties," he said before hurrying off. Today was finally the ball, lady Beatrix, Elizabeth, Joan and Anne got me ready for the evening. I wore a light blue dress which showed my tiny bump that was barely visible. I wore a silver headpiece which had very detailed roses on it. My hair was in a neat tidy bun at the top of my head, my face was covered in flawless makeup and my lips were blood red. My ladies wore the same pink dress, and all looked happy with it.

" ladies do you like your dresses," I asked them and they all nodded

"yes I love it, your majesty," Elizabeth said with a huge goofy grin.

"We should be heading of your majesty," Beatrix said and they left the room. I looked at myself in the mirror for a few seconds and sat on my bed waiting for Charles to arrive.

"come in" I impatiently yelled out and Charles walked into the room wearing greyish blue

"do you like it, it goes with your eyes," he said looking deep into my eyes posing for me. I giggled slightly