(59) The Kings Saviour

5th March 1525

It was our last night in Spain and I was heading to Francis's chamber and slumped onto his bed. he staggered in not long after, flopping onto the bed by my side. I turned my head to look at him

"Just like old times, when you'd have nightmares or you were too scared to sleep on your own you'd come to me. but I would wrap my arms around you and you'd bury your head on my chest. that's what dad used to do to me" I started as I wrapped my arm around him and he buried his face in my chest. we stayed in silence, a comfortable one as my mind drifted off to, Francis at the age of five trembling in my arms. I held him tight and didn't let go and I wasn't going to now. before I knew it Francis had pressed his lips against mine. my eyes widened with shock and I began trying to push him away.

"what are you doing brother" I cried out just before his lips attached themselves back onto my own. his tongue licked the bottom of my lip then he gained entrance into my mouth as I tried to scream. his tongue explored my mouth thoroughly as he rapidly began unlacing my corset. I tried my best to wriggle and squirm out of his grip, which slowed him down but I was completely pinned to the bed. he pressed his whole body on me, I couldn't move, his lips plastered against my lips but when they broke away I screamed. I screamed louder than I had ever done before, guards came running in armed, and Francis covered my mouth. Tears were streaming down my face, I felt helpless and used. the guards drew Francis off of me, flinging him to the side of the bed. I staggered out of the bed, and the guards helped me out, holding onto me. once we left the room, one of them reminds by the door as the other stood to my side. I wandered to my uncle Charles(Carlos) of savoy's room, where I knocked on the door. the guard opened it and I entered, where I found him at his desk scribbling away.

"charlotte what is it," uncle Carlos said standing up, I walked over to him wrapping my arms around him. I began to weep hysterically, as he placed an arm around me, holding me tightly.

"charlotte catch your breath and tell me what is plaguing you," he said pulling me off him. he held me firmly, looking me straight in the eye. uncle Carlos whipped the tears gushing from my eyes as I began trying to slow down my breathing.

"Speak now my dear" he cried out, his voice growing stronger.

"Francis, he -- h-e, he" I started as my uncle moved closer to me, watching me closely.

"he forced me into his - bed" I stuttered out merely whispering the last word. my uncle's face fell as he straightened up, he was fuming. his jaw clenched, bared teeth and his eyes still fixed upon me. We then heard a gasp from behind me, I turned to look at who it was. There stood the emperor, his face fallen with the guard who had let him in. He moved closer to me from behind wrapping his arms around me.

"FRANCIS, Francis did this to my niece, never again. no one will touch you while I'm around, never again, the only person who can is your husband, I will make sure of it" uncle Carlos cried out at the top of his lungs. I just watched him pacing the room and wagging his finger around. He glared at the emperor who was holding me tightly. The emperor let go of me immediately as savoy's gaze stuck upon him and he moved to my side.

"you have been wronged for the first and very last time" the emperor cried out and shook my head.

"not my first" I started,

"And you didn't tell me, I am going to kill that bastard that wears the french crown" calls spat out and shook my head repeatedly.

"King Louis xii used to when I was a teenager, but when I was seventeen I began turning down his advances. do not blame your self you were out living your life, you were not my advisor or guardian" I said and Charles's face fell once again.