(20) Henry's Praise

29th September 1513

Henry's injured arm was much better and he would be joining us here at Greenwich palace as he was now fit as a fiddle. So it was my last night sleeping with Edmund, I had woken up in his arms this morning.

"morning Edmund," I said kissing his bare chest

"morning charlotte" he joyfully replied kissing my forehead. we then got out of the bed and got changed.

"That was fun," I said biting my lip starting at Edmund who was on the other side of the bed. he nodded in agreement as I jumped onto the bed and shuffled over to him. I then planted my lips onto his lips as he gripped me into a hug embracing the warm kiss. he then left shortly after and I took a seat on my bed still in a dreamy state. that man really was magical, it was like I was under his little spell. just seeing Edmund made me all giddy, but my mind led me to what if. what if I and Edmund got caught. what if I end up having Edmund's child, then someone barged into the room drawing my attention away from my thoughts.

"your majesty" I heard lord Edward say as he entered my chamber

"yes, Edward" I replied looking at the 19-year-old man.

"the king will be arriving soon," Edward said as a huge smile streaked upon my face at once.

"Wonderful, will you help me hang this up," I said lifting king James's bloody jacket, I hung the jacket in a frame. it was hung by my mirror with the help of lord Edward who did all the work while I watched. Edward bowed and left the room, I then sat by the window sill with one of henry's many flutes and began playing it. not long after there was a knock at my door

"come in" I cried putting my flute down and Beatrix walked in. I swung my legs off the window sill so they were dangling down and Beatrix sat by my side.

"How are you doing your majesty," she asked and I beamed back at her

"good, you," I asked knowing there was something she needed and wanted to tell me.

"I'm well, I just wanted to check up on you," she said and stared into the distance, blankly.

"im so sorry for what I did to you and your family, I never meant harm" I started gaining her attention.

"you've done nothing of the sorts your majesty" she replied quickly,

"your sister was a threat to me and I had to, I felt no guilt but now I do, seeing you like this" I then remembered this was my chance to ask her, the question.

"It was what you had to do, and I will never judge you for doing such a thing," she said before I spoke once more.

"Beatrix you still haven't married is there anyone, in particular, you fancy," I said and her check grew red as I spoke.

"Ummm - well sir Charles Howard is quite good looking and funny, he's -- well - uh great in -- many ways," she said having giggling fits and she had turned extremely red. she liked Charles and I could immediately tell, she blurring like an idiot.

"I see someone really likes Charles, and I did see you two the other night dancing, and I did see some kissing towards the end of the night," I said and her mouth dropped.

"you saw us" she cried utter panic and shame splattering on her face, but neither one of those emotions dominated her face.

"Oh yes, I was heading to Wolsey's office, I had dropped one of my earings in there and I saw you two. you were round the corner and I had a peak and saw the two of you, lip to lip" I said, this was a lie I had heard it from Elizabeth but I never saw it with my own eyes, I was, well busy that night, with Charles's brother. Beatrix then got up and I did the same