(30) Wedding Of Envy

3rd march 1515

I felt as if I should dress in all black, head to toe to show my misery. Charles Brandon was remarrying and not sadly not me, his true love or so he says. he is a free man but it deeply hurts to see him at the altar with a lady that is not me. no matter who the lady and in this case, it was my dearest sister in law, Mary Tudor. I eventually decided to wear a red vibrant dress which was worn for me.

"lady Beatrix, will you be attending this wedding with me," I asked and she nodded.

"yes, your majesty" Beatrix said with a smirk as she began heading away from me towards the door.

"what is it, what is on your mind - oh speak, I command you to speak once" I cried with a smile as Beatrix laughed uncontrollably as she froze. she turned to face me and opened her mouth

"don't let your envy get the better of you, conceal your feeling and smile no matter how much it hurts," Beatrix said and I nodded.

"I will" I replied before she curtsied and left the room, leaving me ad my thoughts alone once more. until my door creaked open and entered Charles Brandon the groom, the star of the day, my guilty pleasure and man of my dreams. 

"henry will kill me, but I couldn't say no to mary, she cried and pleaded for me to marry. I love her so it made it easier but against the king's will, he begged me not to marry her or to anyone" Charles said as he sat by my side. he rested his head onto my shoulder making me smile just by his warm touch.

"Whatever your heart says, but I give you my blessing it meaningless to law but" I started 

" but means a lot to me, in my heart" he muttered. I placed my hand upon his hand

"I love you, I always will," Charles said making my smile even grander. he stood up and I did the same thing, wrapping my arms around him. he kissed my cheek ever so lightly, but I still felt his intense inner passion. once I let go he left slowly dragging his feet without another word.

I was stood in front of the churches entrance looking at the wooded door firmly intact. I then felt a hand fall upon my shoulder by my uncle Philip, Duke of Nemours. he was more like a brother or a cousin to me than an uncle as we were born in the same year. I wrapped my arms around him as he held me tightly.

"it's lovely to see you again my lord Philip" I cried as he scanned me subtly, head to toe.

"oh my how you've grown, queen of England" he laughed as he held my hands swinging them left to rightly gently. he looked the same from the last time I saw him, but much more like a man than a boy.

"We should be heading inside, don't you think," he said and I nodded as he guided me into the empty church hall. there were only 5 other people including the bishop, we walked down the aisle and took a seat near the front. my brother Francis's arrived shortly after and sat by us just before the dream couple arrived. mary wore a bright smile, the brightest I had ever seen upon her pale pure face. Charles looked much more calmer, he didn't wear a smile but he wasn't sourly frowning. mary's auburn red hair flowed down her back, she wore the same white dress she had worn only months ago for the wedding to Louis. I felt my hand clench into a tight fist as Francis's hand rested upon my own. he began to caress them which gradually unfolded my hands which were scrunched up into a ball of rage. I just couldn't bear it, seeing him getting married.

"relax and smile" Francis wisphered into my ear causing me to take a deep breath and stay calm. I watched Charles intensely, his every tiny move. his eyes were moving constantly, he then turned to face the ecstatic mary Tudor. he was looking into mary's eyes until I caught his eye and smiled at him. he was looking at me with dread and I nodded, providing him with my reassurance. he looked away from me and back to the front of the church.