(18) Ruthless Randy Regent

24th June 1513

 As Lady Mary Say did my hair, I stood in front of my mirror admiring my red and gold dress. all my ladies were very quiet ever since Margaret Radcliffe's arrest and court trial. many of my ladies were quite upset about the news, as Margaret was their friend, fellow court member and she would be getting executed. 

"thank you lady mary," I said and she left in half a second, then mary Tudor waltzed in.

"Hi, your majesty" mary said bowing as I did the same before she gripped me into a hug,

"hello lady mary," I said and she began to speak straight after me.

"I heard about Margaret Radcliffe, what did she do to offend you so much," she asked and I sighed

"she attacked me in the middle of the night then interrupted a very important meeting, trying to attack me," I said and mary looked upset.

"her husband lord Robert isn't the same, he used to be a very chatty bubbly man, but now he doesn't smile as much or at all. he told me he is disappointed and utterly ashamed, she has ruined his name, you have ruined his name" mary said as a few tears trickled down her face. I then wrapped my arm around her and drew her into a hug

"I know, but I have to go," I said letting go.

"where" mary questioned me immediately

" I need to sign a death warrant," I said and she looked horrified as I turned to leave, she gasped.

"HER'S, Please don't, Margaret is an amazing person all the ladies and lords of this court will say so. she must be innocent of these charges," mary said trying to plead grabbing my hand which I shook off.

"Stay in your lane mary, only speak when it is nesseicary for you to do so. this matter does not concern you" I said through gritted teeth as I walked past her and to the door, I then strode into Wosley's little area, without stopping. he stood with a few other men around the paper, I took a seat and grabbed the quill.

"don't you want to think about it for a bit," Mr Pace said henry's secretary and I shook my head.

"I don't need to think anymore, I have already decided and I won't change my mind for anyone," I said looking at the paper. I signed my signature at the bottom of the scroll and it was taken off the table. Wosley then placed another paper in front of me,

"prisons are getting quite full up, and I wondered if you wanted to get rid of Catherine de Foix," he suggested and without hesitation, I lifted up my quill.

"im must sign this, almighty God gives me strength to defeat this deformed soulless spawn of satan out of this pure and holy world" I cried. I then felt someone from behind grip my hand causing me to turn around.

"are you sure you want to do this, your majesty, Catherine is insane and your people will think you are heartless for killing a deformed hopeless victim" Arthur Plantagenet, henry's maternal uncle said.

"I wanted her dead, she tried to kill me, expose me and humiliate me to the world" I cried out in vain.

"whatever suits you, you have the final say" he muttered nodding his head, taking a step back as I lowered my quill and scribbled my signature upon the piece of parchment. the letter was snatched up and the men headed out with it. Wolsey then placed his hand upon my shoulder brushing it past, I couldn't tell if it was sincerely or proudly. I then got up and walked out the door where Edmund Howard and Thomas more stood.

"so, did you sign it your majesty," Edmund said looking at my smile, and I nodded.

"yes - I did, I don't feel any regret and I never will," I said and the men nodded.