Chapter 10

hey everybody, sorry about the confusion, wattpad wasn't working :/ so i had to redo the description (again), and then they put chapter ten as a whole new story itself. but hopefully it works this time!!! xoxo, lexzie

  "But babe!" Preston whined. 

  "But nothing! I told you, it's over." I turned my head away from him. 

  "What did I do wrong? Don't leave me! I love you!"

  Anger surged through my veins. He had to be joking. 

  "What did you do wrong?" I screamed a I turned around, and stomped back to where him. My face was but a mere inch away from his own. "I told you that I didn't want to do it. And then you tried to take advantage of me and do it anyways!" Any minute now, and I could break into hysterics. 

  "I said I was sorry though." He whimpered. 

  "Oh, right, you're sorry." My sarcastic tone was overpowering.

  "I am though." Preston looked down in shame.

  "You should have thought of that before. You can't treat me like that. I'm worth more than that. And if you want somebody to call babe, then go look somewhere else."

  "But ba..." He trailed off.

  I twirled around, and walked away. But I didn't get very far. For I ran right into Shane Cooper.

  "I'm sorry." He looked down at my face. "Oh, what's the matter? Is everything okay?" He seemed to actually be concerned.

  I shook my head, no, everything was not okay.

  "Here, come with me." He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Maybe I can help you feel better."

  I nodded, then followed him.

                                                      ************************************************

  "What? No." I rubbed my eyes in confusion. I looked at my alarm clock. It read 5:09 am.

  "Is everything okay Eliza?" Ben pulled me into his chest.

  "Umm, yeah. Just a weird dream."

  "Do you want to tell me about it?"

  "Oh, no. It's okay."

  "Okay then, well let's try to get some more sleep in before we have to get ready for school."

  "Yeah," I agreed, still confused.

  The truth was, I had no idea why I had dreamt of my ex-boyfriends, Preston. Or why Shane had just popped up out of nowhere.

  The dream was an exact imitation of the night I had broken up with Preston, because he tried to have sex with me when I made it clear I didn't want to. But the imitation stopped when I ran into Shane.

  Could this mean something? Was this a sign?

  I didn't have any more time to think about it, for then I fell back into dreamland.