Chapter 2

Hasn't changed.... don't copy :)

Note from Lexzie.... this entire book is dedicated to my two bestest friends Elsy and Kayla who have supported me and pushed me to do more, more, more the whole way through this book :). Although, I will dedicate a chapter to the first person who comments for each chapter. Enjoy :)

  Chapter 2

  The second day of school was uneventful for the most part. All day Eliza's mind was pre-occupied by reminiscing about the previous day. Espiecially when the specific hottie in question invited her to sit next to him at his lunch table. 

  Eliza wass almost overwhelmed with anxiousness when a new idea occured to her. Today after school, she would stay and watch the football try-outs. Then, she might have the opportunity to talk to Ben again-as well as a reason why. 

  After that revelation in math class, Eliza was jittery with anticipation all day long. And Katie and Addie didn't let it slip by unnoticed. 

  "Eliza! Where are you going?" Katie quizzically called out from down the hallway after school. I stepped towards the lockers on my left so that I wouldn't get trampled as if I were a human speed bump while I waited for her. 

  "Didn't I already tell you?" I inquired as soon as she reached me. 

  "No actually, you didn't." She replied moodily. 

  Just then a group of sophmore boys whistled and checked out Katie as they walked past us.

  Even though for her acts like this were not uncommon. she still tended to blush. With mint green eyes, long, black, silky hair, and a big chest, she was hands-down one of the most beautiful girls in the entire school.

  While Addie and I on the other hand, although we aren't ugly, aren't exactly noticed for our goddess-like looks. 

  Which can be surprising to people sometimes considering Addie's long, straight, blonde hair, blue eyes, and high cheekbones, as well as my dark blonde hair, gray eyes, and big butt.

  Anyways, as soon as Katie's embarrassment level cooled down, I explained to her my agenda about going down to the football fieald and watching the try-outs.

  And even though she didn't ask anything of it, I could still see the spark of curiosity igniting in her eyes.

  "I'll explain later." I quickly gave her a hug and then I was off.

                                                                              ***

  As soon as I assumed a spot higher up in the middle of the bleachers, I immediately scanned the large group of high school boys for Ben.

  It didn't take too long considering he was in the center of a large group of guys eager to surround him.

  I must have been admiring him for a while since he then looked over directly at me. And then, he smiled! At me, with teeth even! My heart started racing like a horse in a derby. Then, the other guys seemed to notice that he was distracted. They quickly spotted me in the stands, then started teasing Ben and shove him around. I laughed as they kept up the joking, and then he looked at me agin, and winked! I swear at that moment, my heart skipped a beat. 

  Thankfully in that short second I realized that I would have to respond in some way. I had absolutely no clue as to what to do in this type of scenario, so I tried to put on my most seductive smile. And (thank God) it worked- well at least I hope so. Because then all the boys got even more riled up then they were before.