Chapter 4

Hey, peoplez :). So, I'm really not sure how this chapter will end out yet. May be a filler chapter, or it may be pretty awesome, I'm not sure yet. But please comment and tell me what you think!!! Any ideas? Go ahead and share!!! :) And thank-you to all my loyal supporters out there!!!! Enjoy :)

  The next day I put a special effort into preparing for school. After what seemed to be hours of choosing, then putting back outfit after outfit, I finally settled on black denim mini skirt and a light, sheer black shirt that felt really loose over a red tank top. I matched it with a pair of black kitten heels. Smoking hot, just the way I like it I thought with a little giggle.

  In the bathroom I applied grey charcoal eyeliner to make my eyes pop. Then I added blush and hot pink lip gloss. Today would be a day about me.

  When I was finished I went back to my room to fetch my phone and backpack. Wait- backpack? That would totally ruin the image. I hurriedly switched the contents out of my back into a black tote. Just as I was about to slide my phone into the little compartment specially made for it, I saw the a red blinking at the top left corner, which signaled that I either had a voicemail or text message. As soon as I lit the screen, the voicemail symbol popped up. I dialed *86 and then typed in my password then the "pound" symbol. It was from my mom. 

  "Hi honey, it's mom. I just wanted to call and let you know that your dad and I won't be at the house tonight or tomorrow morning. Your grandmother had a slip on the stairs and we are going to spend a few days over here with her until we feel that she has recovered enough to take care of herself again. Call me after school! I love you honey! Hugs and kisses and have a good day at school tomorrow."

  Then I realized that fate had been in my favor (although not my grandmother's I am sorry to say). For if my parents had come home last night and found Ben's truck in the driveway, and even more Ben in my bed, I for sure would have ben dead meat. They would have banned us from ever seeing each other again, and maybe even make me switch schools. But thankfully my grandma had come to the rescue. I pulled a smile on my face, grateful that my parents had not made that discovery. I then resumed getting ready for the day ahead of me. 

  After eating breakfast, I walked into the garage, ready to go. But then quickly realized that I did not have a way to get to school. Yanking my phone from my bag, I scrolled through my contacts searching for Ben's name. But soon I came to the realization that I had yet to get his number. Wow, I just slept with a guy and I don't even have his phone number. That is beyond slutty. Not letting this get me down, I found Katie's number then called her. 

  "Hello?" The confusion in her voice was obvious. 

  "Hey, do you think that you could give me a ride to school?"

  "Eliza, I'm already at school. The bell's about to ring in like five minutes. I'm sorry."

  Sighing I replied, "it's okay. I can find alternate transportation I suppose." Which ended  up to be me walking. Yes, the entire 20 minute drive. All by myself. In heels and a mini skirt. Great.

  I was about  quarter of the way there when a familiar black pick-up truck stopped in the middle of the road beside me. "Need a ride miss?"

  I rolled my eyes before making my way over, yanking the door open, and hopping inside. This time, Wanted by Hunter Hayes was playing on the stereo. I almost melted with pleasure as the all to familiar lyrics flooded into my mind. I closed my eyes, and just focused on the song until it was over. 

  I hadn't even realized that the truck and been i my motion until I opened my eyes. I buckled up, already mortified that I had gone on without it. "So why are you so late to school?" I questioned Ben.