Chapter 7

• Dedicated to Elsy Alonzo

Hey everyone, I promised to write more, so I am. But I seriously don't know what I should write next unless I know what you all thought about the last chapter and this one. So pleeeeease comment???? I will love you forever!!!! lolz xD

  I'm sick. Those were the first words that came to mind when I woke up. I sat up in my bed, but then immediately had to lie back down due to the dizziness that consumed my mind. I tried again, this time slow with precaution, and was able to stay up this time.

  It was about a week after what had happened in the janitor's closet. And nothing much had really happened after that.

Moving at the pace of a turtle, I made my way to the bathroom. I followed my normal daily regime, but then after getting dressed, had to lie back down. I was already tired. My phone buzzed, I had just answered, and was about to answer, when I fell into a coughing spazm. Extremely embarrassed, I tried again.

  "Hello?" My voice was weak.

  "I'll be over in 15 minutes."

  I glanced at the screen. It was Ben.

  "Oh, it's okay I-"

  "See you soon."

  I sighed as he cut me off then hung up. I was anxious to see him, but I didn't want him to see me, at least not in this condition.

  Deciding that it would be best for my parents to know about the visitor soon to appear, I headed towards the stairs. But I quickly had to recover my steps back to my room, and barely made it back in time to put the toilet seat up and puke my guts out.

  I wiped my mouth with toilet paper, then threw it in and flushed the toilet. Brushing my teeth helped me get rid of the horrible tastre in my mouth, but it didn't help the scratchiness in my throat.

  This time, I succeded in making my way downstairs. I headed into the kitchen, but it was pointless. For there sitting at the kitchen table chatting quite friendly with my parents, was Ben.

  "Eliza, we were just talking with your boyfriend here." Mom put an emphasis on the word boyfriend, considering that it was a new term for her to use with me.

  Ben smiled wildly, pleased with himself. There was nothing I could do now about the trainwreck that was surely going to happen soon.

  "How are you feeling? I brought some chicken noodle soup from the grocery store. I also brought kleenex and some cough drops just in case."

  "Thanks, and in response to your question, I feel like crap."

  I pulled out a chair from the table and sat down next to Ben. He scooted over slightly, then kissed my cheek and began stroking my hair.

  "Well honey, I hope that you'll be okay with Ben today. Your mother and I were planning on going golfing today. I hope that you feel better and we'll see you soon." Leave it to my dad to ask for my choice, then not give me one.

  "It's okay, you two go have some fun." My voice sounded groggy to my own ears. Probably very unattractive. I'd be lucky if Ben decided to stick around till lunch time.

  They left the kitchen for the garage, and soon I could here their car pull out from the driveway.

  Ben and I were both silent before he decided to break it.

  "Your parents are very nice."

  "That's what you're thinking now. Wait until you get to really know them, wait until you realize that they only had a kid to make the picture of their family even more perfect."