Chapter 13

I took in my surroundings, trying not to hyperventilate at the spectacular sight. I thought that Ben's regular home was a bit much, but this, this was something else.

  The driveway wasn't paved, it was stone instead. The vast lawn was covered in naked children water fountains and perfectly trimmed bushes. There were a few gardens visible behind the house, when you looked at the end of it. The house itself looked more like a castle. It had a mini tower on the left side, and a mini tower on the right. Then beside that on both sides, it was flat, while in the middle it had an A-frame. It was humungous, but the size wasn't what hooks you to the house, it was the personality. And this house, trust me, had a lot of personality. In fact, it was all made out of stone.

 To the left of the house, about 200 yards away, there were four 2-car sized garages. They were all made as the same style as the house. It was an amazing sight itself. And I was going to be living here for the next few weeks, during school break. 

  "Eliza, Eliza, yoo-hoo." I broke out of my trance, to find Ben whispering my name over and over again, and trying to conceal the fact that he was waving in front of my face to get my attention. I realized the reason why as soon as my vision turned back to the house. Ben's family was splayed across the porch, I recognized the same faces from the dinner, but there were to new additions. They were most likely Ben's grandparents, he said they would be here after all.

  "Sorry. I'm here." I whispered back, while plastering a smile on my face.

  "Okay then, let's get this over with now."

  Ben lead the way, and hand-in-hand we made our way over to his family.

  "Hello, dear." Ben's mom warmly greeted me.

  "Hello Mrs. Cooper." I smiled back in return.

  "Now Eliza, what did I tell you about calling me Mrs. Cooper?" She was scolding me, although I knew that she wasn't actually mad.

  "Oh, right. I'm sorry." Honestly, I couldn't remember her first name. I'd been calling her Ben's mom in my head all this time. Hopefully I could avoid it this time, and then ask Ben later.

  "It's okay dear."

  Things went on from there, and I met Ben's grandparents. Ben's grandma was Rosa Fernandez-Cooper, and his grandpa was Edwin Cooper. I tried to embed the two names in my memory bank. Rosa, Edwin, Edwin, Rosa. I repeated the names in my head over and over again until I was sure that I had them.

  I greeted all of Ben's younger brothers, and then singally greeted his older brothers. The oldest, Michael had a girl with him. I learned that he was her fiancee, and hre name is Zandy. They made a cute couple.

  After everyone had said hello to eachother, the procession moved into the house. Edwin appointed everyone to the rooms they would be staying in, and then we all had time to get settled in. I was particularily happy when Ben was assigned the room across from mine.

  A man, who I presumed was the butler, carried my suitcases to my room. Before I began to unpack however, I wandered around the room, taking in all the beauty of it. 

  It was huge. I'm not even going to try to make estimations as to how big. But it was big. The color of the walls was a nice, rose pink with a white trim. To the left, there was the bed. It was queen sized, and held pale pink covers. There was a pink, netted canopy that hung around the whole perimeter of it. In the middle of the room, there was a small area that held two loveseats, and two chairs. It reminded me of a parlour that one would read about in a book. Although it was held in the middle of my bedroom instead of as a seperate room.