Chapter 27

I walked down the aisle, holding onto Ben's elbow, to the music. Behind us are Brooke and Justin. Soon, it will be Zandy's turn.

  Sadly, Ben and I had to split up to go to our different positions.

  The doors opened, and in walked Zandy, dressed to the nines. Her white dress had a train, and diamonds sewn into it. It was the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. She walked down the aisle, then stood at the alter with Michael.

  I zoned out during the ceremony, only coming back to reality when I heard the words 'you may kiss the bride'.

  After the ceremony, we partied.

  Michael and Zandy danced the first song, then everyone else joined in.

  Ben was chosen to start the toast.

  "Having an older brother who has raped two of my girlfriends has really tainted my thoughts about brothers. After Shane, I thought that brothers are always out to get you, they want you to be miserable, they will go to extremes to show you who is the boss. But having Michael has cleared things up for me. He has always been there for me, espiecially just a little while ago when I was going through the weakest point of my life. He was there for me when my other brother had caused my girlfirend to comitt suicide, and he was there for me when my other brother raped the love of my life. Because of him, I went to the court, and saw the truth. I was able to get back the one person who makes me feel whole. All thanks to him.

  Michael finding someone like Zandy is more then I can ever ask for. She makes him happy, when nobody else can, she brings a light in his eyes that I have never seen before, and she is the best thing that's happened to him.

  Zandy, I didn't know you before you met my brother. But I just wanted to let you know that I am honored to have you be my sister." 

  There were a lot of 'awes'.

  Next, Justin went.

  But now, now it's my turn. Originally, I wasn't going to make a toast. But then Zandy had asked me to since she doesn't have any siblings. And of course I had consented.

  Oh God, I am so gonna screw this up. What do I even say? Did I prepare anything even? Oh no! Why am I doing this anyways?

  "Um, hello. I'm Eliza. I'm really not a part of the family, just Ben's girlfriend. But Zandy asked me to speak, so, uh, here I am." Here there was an awkward pause, and nobody breatherd. "Um, so lately, things have been really complicated. But Zandy has always been there for me. We haven't know each other for too long, but I have always thought of her as my sister. She has been by my side, through thick and thin. She's the reason that I'm actually here today," I paused for a minute, trying to calm myself, "instead of sprawled on the couch, watching the Hallmark channel and hoarding candy." At this, everybody laughed. I looked behind me, and saw Zandy smiling knowingly. God, I hope that I can make something out of this. Zandy deserves the best on her wedding day. "Without Zandy, I don't know where I would be. And she deserves the best. Which is a good segue to Michael."

  There were a few chuckles at my implication that for Zandy, Michael is the best.

  "Michael, I have always thought of you as my brother. But now, this confirms it. You are the light in Zandy's eyes, you are the joy in her smile, and the love in her life. I'm so glad that you two found each other. I swear, you are a match made from heaven. And I am ecstatic to be a part of your special day."

  Okay, maube not the best, but that didn't go as bad as I thought. The audience applaused.

  When the toasts were done, we moved on to the six-tiered cake. Yes, that's right. The cake has six tiers.

  I could tell that Zandy and Michael both really enjoyed it all, and that's all that matters.

  That night, I went home- lately I've been calling Ben's house home- with the bride's bouquet in my hands.

  By now Zandy and Michael should be on the plane headed to Europe, part one of there six part honey moon.

  I went to bed thinking about my wedding. It would be perfect too.