Chapter 25

"Babe, lemme go get cleaned up real fast, I'll be right out."

  "Okay, but don't take too long." I pecked Ben on the lips, then pranced over to the couch to watch TV while I waited for him.

  I couldn't concentrate on what was happening on-screen though. My mind was too pre-occupied with other matters; such as how nice it would be to stay in Ben's arms all night long. Enthusiasm overwhelmed me.

  Hmm, perhaps I should do something for Ben, something to say 'I Love You'. What can I do though? Bake something? No, that will take too long, I only have a few minutes. Maybe I could order him flowers? No, that was something that guys do for girls. Perhaps I just need some inspiration.

  It was very easy to gwt lost in Ben's huge house, so I made sure to stay in the are that I knew them most. 

  Oy! What can I do? I've already wasted a lot of my time just trying to figure out what I want to do.

  I was startled out of my thoughts by someone behind me. "Hey Ash."

  Surprised, I spun around, and saw Ben's older brother, Shane.

  "Oh, hey." I smiled.

  I'v eonly seen Shane twice before, but he seems pretty nice. Oh! Maybe he could help me with an idea for what to do for Ben!

  "So, whaddya up to?" He asked casually.

  "Actually, I was trying to think of something that I could do for Ben just to let him know that I love and appreciate him, you know?"

  Shane nodded, he seemed to understand where I was coming from. "That's cool."

  "Yeah... um... actually..."

  "Yeah?"

  "I,um, actually was wondering if maybe you could help me?"

  "Sure."

  "Okay! Awesome!"

  This was great. I'm sure that Ben's brother could help me find something to do for Ben.

  "Yeah, no prob. Wanna go to my room?"

  "Sounds good to me." I could feel a smile growing in my face. I will make sure that Ben's present is extra special and that he loves it.

  Love. I almost giggled out loud. Ever since yesterday, when Ben told me the three words, the word has had a completely different meaning to me. When I had said them back, I meant it; and I know that he meant it when he said it to me too.

  Following Shane through the hallways past various doors, I thought about all the datails of that perfect day.

  Soon, we had arrived at our destination. I followed him in, then sat on one end of the couch. He sat on the other.

  "So," I began, "what's something that I can do for Ben that you think he'll enjoy?"

  Shane groaned.

  Had I phrased that incorrectly? Or was I too forthright with it? Should we have exchanged pleasantries first?

  "Do we have to talk about my brother?"

  Now I was really confused. Wasn't that the reason I had come here in the first place, to talk about something that I could do for Ben?

  "What do you mean?"

  "I mean," Shane scooted over closer to me. This made me uncomfortable. "maybe we could talk about somethin else."

  Shane cupped my chin in his hand, then turned my head so that I was facing him. We were now merely an inch apart.