Chapter 8: Temptations

Recap
7 million

7 million was glued to my head. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

It shouldn't be a surprise for me since I had already seen his mansion and could have told from the very day I had entered it but it was 7 million! That's a huge amount for me. With that much I can live my entire life peacefully and pay for ......

Blaiden....

His face popped in my head.

Oh how I miss you Blaiden.

End of recap

Narrator's pov

Many people went to thank Jungkook for his generous donation. They surrounded him. Pushing Sofia further and further away till she stood in a corner. In the place she truely belonged she thought.

A gorgeous woman approached her. The woman was in her 20s as well and was dressed in a stunning black body hugging dress. The dress hugged her curves and bust. Giving a clear view of her appealing figure. Her brown hair spread behind her back.

"So you're the woman, Mr Jeon brought with him", she smirked. Her eyes scanning Sofia from head to toe critically.

Sofia opened her mouth to utter to only be impolitely cut off.

"You see..." she moved in closer, towering over Sofia.
Intimidating her.

"Stay away from him. You must not have a clue about his status in the underworld or else a girl as naive as you wouldn't accompany him."

Sofia's doe like eyes glistened at her statement. She felt inferior to this lady who was towering over her. She was taller and way more beautiful compared to her.

"Besides, he doesn't bring partners to gatherings and nor does he bother coming half the time. So how did you do it?".

She asked, eyeing Sofia.

"D-Did what?" Sofia stammered as she rephrased the question.

"Oh come on, you know what I'm talking about. No one here has ever heard of your name. It's certain that you spread your legs for him."

Tears welled up in Sofia's eyes, threatening to fall. She kept avoiding eye contact from letting the woman see her vulnerability.

"The question is how did you do it? Certainly thousands of woman have thrown themselves at him but what was it about you that he liked which he didn't in other women". Yet again she scanned Sofia's figure.

Sofia herself was quite gorgeous to begin with, with a curvy, stunning physique that caught eyes of many. She wasn't any less beautiful than those actresses present. Nonetheless, Sofia believes otherwise as her self esteem didn't let her. Putting all her focus in her jobs and paying bills she never had the time to watch after herself and the way she looked. Hence she didn't consider herself to be as beautiful as them. Which certainly was not the case.

"I don't know what you're talking about. It's not what you think". Sofia affirmed, her innocence sparkling through her eyes.

The woman noticed something in Sofia's eyes and took a step back. As if surprised.

"Don't tell me he hasn't-.." she stopped midway her sentence, putting her fingers on her lips as she scoffed.