Chapter 40: miracles

Recap
"Kill who Jaedan? What are you talking about".

He kept repeating the same thing again in his sleep.

They?

Who's they?

And who are they trying to kill??

End of recap

Sofia's pov

I woke up to an empty space beside me. The sheet was messy and the blanket was lifted off. Looks like Jungkook had already woken up.

After making the bed and doing my usual morning routine, I changed into a plain yellow sundress and I headed downstairs.

My eyes caught aunt Milly and her son in the kitchen first, with Jungkook no where in sight.

"Oh good morning dear".
Aunt Milly flashed me a smile as her gaze landed on me.

"Good morning Aunt Milly, good morning yugyeom".

"Good morning", he smiled.

"Have you seen Jungkook by any chance?"

"Oh he headed outside a few minutes ago dear."
Aunt Milly smiled and pointed towards the front door.

"Thank you". With that I slowly made my way out in search for Jungkook. It was yet again another beautiful sunny day. The sky was blue with it's colour reflecting on the crystal clear water below. The sound of waves crashing reached my ears as the sand took shape of my foot when walking out.

In a further distance, I caught a familiar figure. He was sitting at the end of the jetty shirtless. Dangling his feet in this hot sunny day.

I quickly made my way towards him,

"Jungkook" I called.

To my surprise he didn't hear it.

Maybe I'm too far?

As I continued moving ahead I shouted his name.

"Jungkook!".

Yet again there was no response.

That's unusual, he's a very observant person and cautious too. I wonder what happened today.

As I approached him, I stopped just 2 feet away. Watching him. His hands were set on either sides of the wood as he looked down at the water. He seemed to be in a world of his own.

Seeing the spare space beside him, I took a seat.

"Jungkook?"
I called as I shook his shoulder a little.

"Hmm?"
He finally looked my way.

"Are you okay? I've been calling you".

He smiled my way before taking my hand in his.

"I'm fine".

His head was hung low as he watched my hand. Caressing the top of it with his thumb.

"We're going back today".
He said softly as I paid full attention to him.