Chapter 36: mine to fuck

Recap
My mind raced harder and faster than before trying it's best to find a solution. My eyes wandered all over the floor and just when I looked out the glass wall, my gaze landed on the little fishing boat beneath.

"Perfect".

End of recap

Sofia's pov

I couldn't help but play with the fork in my hand as I waited for my lunch. Jungkook was sitting right in front of me. We weren't very far nor too close.

My head was flooding with ideas on how I was going to flee from this place. From the knowledge and skills I have gained from dad, I should be able to start the boat's engine and use it just fine.

"Sofia?"

"Huh?"
I looked up to see a concerned Jungkook looking at me.

"Are you sure you're ok?"
He asked.

"I'm fine". I smiled kindly, leaving no room for suspect. He was certainly relieved by my response as he nodded his head slightly.

"Here you go".

Auntie Milly was serving us food, I looked ahead in the kitchen to see trays of food ready to be served, but what really caught my attention was the back door in the kitchen. It was slightly opened through which I could see the greenery outside.

This is it. If I can somehow get out of the centre of attention, I may be able to make it to the boat around the corner.

"I'll help you". I told auntie Milly and swiftly got up. Before she could reject my offer, I was already up on my feet, heading towards the kitchen.

As I reached the countertop, I pretended to be doing something whilst glancing back once in a while to see if they're looking.

To my surprise, Jungkook was staring at me.

*sigh*

Maybe if I stay put a little longer.

I was playing around with my fingers at first but then pretended to organise the food on the tray as thoughts raced through my head. I exhaled to calm myself and my pounding heart but what I least expected was getting back hugged by Jungkook. When he did, I jumped out of shock, shoving him back.

His back hit the wall behind and his eyes widened in utter shock.

I-..

No what have I done. Oh no!!!

"What's wrong?" He definitely had enough this time and the way he was speaking to me, it wasn't very gentle. He was demanding an answer.

"N-nothing".
My hands were shaking uncontrollably and my stutters left more room for doubt.

I looked around to see auntie Milly and Yugyeom standing around the dinning table, watching us. They were equally as concerned and shocked.

"Nothing? Then why do I keep feeling you're avoiding me?"

"I'm not".
At no circumstance was I able to look him in the eye. My gaze landed everywhere but upon him.