Chapter 10: truth unfolds

Recap
He was mesmerised by the beauty laying in his arms as a smile spread on his lips. She was breathtaking and everything about her aroused Jungkook. He kept forgetting that this woman wasn't his wife but a part of him wondered what if she was?

What if she managed to survive and lose her memories?

He had many scenarios in his head each a possibility. In the meantime he was also getting restless. Selfishness consuming him without him even knowing it. He wanted her, felt for her as she indeed was a walking reminder of his dead wife.

The one who he truely loved.

But was she really her he wondered.

End of recap

Narrator's pov

Gently slipping his arm away, Jungkook placed a pillow under Sofia's head. She turned and adjust her own pillow in her slumber. He covered her more with the duvet. Letting her sleep in.

The door clicked open and Jungkook walked out shirtless, just then Aunt Anne happened to walk by with a flower vase, already dressed up for another day of chores. Her smile vanished the minute Jungkook walked out of Sofia's room.

She got startled, as he almost bumped her by a fraction.

"Aish! You scared me". She placed her hand on her her chest and shut her eyes, letting out a sigh she didn't know she was holding.

Not knowing how to respond, he stood there quietly, looking else where.

Realisation soon hit Aunt Anne and her eyes travelled from the bedroom door to Jungkook's shirtless form.

"Why were you in Sofia's room?"
She questioned.

He was at a loss for words, avoiding eye contact from his mother like Aunt.

Awkwardness filled the delayed response.

"I uhh, was discussing business".
His fingers scratched his temple out of embarrassment.

His hair was a mess and Aunt Anne knew well he just woke up.

She had already gotten the hint that they slept together but wasn't sure if anything else occurred. Knowing it's none of her business, she turned around and simply walked away without any further discussion. Leaving him standing by himself, relieved!

Seeing her leave, he, himself left to his room. He grabbed his black robe and poured himself a cup of coffee, travelling back upstairs to his office.

Placing the coffee down on his desk, he took a seat, leaning back on his chair to rest his head with his eyes shut. A sigh escaped his mouth out of stress, however thoughts of Sofia corrupted his mind shortly.

Thoughts that formed his friend down there to rise up.

"Fuck".

Just then his phone rang, bringing him back from his fantasies.

Steve it read, the one who was assigned to investigate about Sofia.

Jungkook picked it up swiftly, answering the call before gradually making his way to the glass wall admiring the greenery beyond it. His hand tucked in his trouser's pocket as his robe slowly loosened, revealing his pecks and abs.