Chapter 27: guns and roses

Recap

Despite being filthy rich, the only thing they both couldn't afford was love and his biggest fear of all was what if Jaedan was just as unsuccessful in love as him.

Although there wasn't anything that could've been done. He knew well forcing someone to love you was only going to bring misery and that was not what he wanted for Jaedan. He wasn't going to push him further in the dark world. The only thing he could do was pray for his brother's wellbeing.

End of recap

Mia's pov

Fi and brother-in-law soon left after Jaedans's grandma paid her visit to him. She was back on her feet and feeling much better. Now only I, Jaedan's uncle and a security guard were left.

The guard and uncle Zhang were outside discussing something while I remained inside with Jaedan.

He was fast asleep. However, his brows soon began frowning. It seemed like he was a having a nightmare.

"I love you.."

He was mumbling in his sleep as well. At first I couldn't really make out the words he uttered but he kept repeating the same thing over and over again.

Thinking that he wanted water, I moved closer to him and leaned in, bringing my ear closer to his lips. Trying to hear what he was saying.

"I love you Mia".

My eyes flickered towards his lips.

I didn't hear it wrong. He was indeed saying it.

"I love you Mia". He repeated the same thing again.

My heart was getting ripped apart. There is a man I whole heartedly love and then there is a man who loves me unconditionally. Why does lord have to do this? Will there be justice for us?

Why does Jaedan have to love me so much? Out of all the woman in the world, he chose me. There are so many woman out there who are much prettier, smarter, have a good status and wealth, have a family, an.....identity and yet he chose someone who isn't a match for him. Someone who can never pour the same amount of love back no matter how much he tries.

"I'm sorry Jaedan", I couldn't help but sooth his brows with my fingers, trying to calm him. Which worked.

He stopped mumbling and went back to his slumber.

"I'm sorry. In this life time, we're not meant to be".

Narrator's pov

"Sofia I-..."

She walked out of grandma's room immediately after tucking the old woman in the bed. Not letting Jungkook get a chance to speak.

"Goodnight grandma".

"Oh ho goodnight my dear".

He closed the door shut and trailed behind Sofia who entered Kaiden's room.

Kaiden's sleep was interrupted and he slowly woke up. Rubbing his eyes.

"Mommy?"