Chapter 16: The Lion's den

Recap
It didn't take too long for me to reach the city as there wasn't much traffic. I paid the driver and walked in through the driveway, knocking the door of the only person I knew would help me.

The door opened with a few clicks until she came in view, yawing.

"Fi?" Her eyes widened.

"Mia, I need your help"

End of recap

Narrator's pov

Sofia told her the entire story of how she ended up in that place and what almost occurred. Not only was Mia concerned but also extremely mad at the person who tried to hurt Sofia.

"Fi, don't worry you can stay here for as long as you want. I'm grateful that you thought of me as your own to be able to seek help from".
She smiled at Sofia with tearful eyes.

"What are thinking silly, of course you're my own. I consider you to be my little baby sister. Don't say that".

Sofia embraced Mia in a warm hug.

"I'll always be there for you when you need me".

"You've done enough Fi, I can never pay off your love and support. I just want you to know that I'll always protect you and support you in whatever you do".

They shared an emotional moment together until Mia asked about Blaiden.

"How's Blaiden? I couldn't pay him a visit recently as I was caught up with work and an idiot decided to pester me but besides the point".

"I couldn't pay him a visit either. Not after entering that mansion. The doctor informed me last time that the surgery requires $480 thousand. I understand since it's a private hospital and will cover the fee of the ward and checkups but I don't even have a $100 thousand and his surgery is in 3 weeks. That's why I accepted his offer, thinking that I could pay that all off. Who knew it turn out like this?"

"Fi, you can use my savings. I don't have much but surely it will come of help."

"No, that's yours Mia. You've worked hard for it. I can't accept it".

"Of course you can, we have to save him but even with adding both our savings together it will barely make $115 thousand. How are we supposed to arrange so much money in such a short time?"

They sat beside each other, comforting one another as silence crept over.

"I don't know Mia, all I know is that I have to do whatever it takes to pay that bill."

"We", Mia corrected.

A smile crept on Sofia's face as she looked at the little Mia that had all grown up. Her only support.

They stayed inside out of fear, the entire day. Not wanting to get caught. The day had finally come to an end as the sun had set and night had rose. Lights in the house switched on.

The two girls in the house prepared dinner, serving it on the table. They settled down in their seats and were just about to eat when someone began knocking the door loudly.