Chapter 48: the final reveal

Recap
Her entertained face quickly drained colours as her eyes widened at the sound of that name. Her real name.

She was shocked to see the corners of his lips curving upwards and his entire demeanour changing.

"You...how did you.."

"I must admit, you're quite clever but I'm not as stupid as you think Eunha".

End of recap

Narrator's pov

She was definitely shocked. Her face fell instantly as he uttered her real name.

Amused by her expressions, Jungkook reached out for the already full champagne glass before leaning back, watching her.

"So you did your homework huh". She looked out the window and smirked as he took a gulp.

"What I don't understand is, if you already knew who I was, why did you play dumb?". Her gaze landed on his face again without a single tinge of amusement.

Jungkook couldn't help but smirk at the thought of playing his card well.

"Wise people know when to play stupid" He answered.

She rose her brows and nodded slightly.

"When did you figure out I was a different person?" Undoubtedly, she was drowning in a pool of questions.

The corners of his lips curved up slightly before his lips parted to respond.

"The day I slept with Sofia".

A sigh escaped her lips at his response. Unintentionally, she slowly placed her champagne glass back.

"Guess she didn't bleed than".

He looked down at his lap, watching the liquid twirling in the glass as he controlled its movement from the bottom. He laughed lightly before looking back up at her.

"Well that's one of the cases, the second is the c section mark from the delivery. Of course she was declared dead, the only way to save the baby was through cutting it open".

She smirked at the sound of that.

"And what makes you think I couldn't have a C section mark? If I insisted on pretending to be your lover and showed you a fake mark, surely you'll believe it".

"Will I though?", he left her confused by his words.

"Did you really think I wouldn't figure out about the forged birth certificate earlier? Twins? You've got to be kidding me, not after the plastic surgery you did to look like Sofia".

Her face fell at the information he had about her. She didn't imagine he would have known such things.

She bit her lower lip nervously but smiled it off later, trying not to show him that she was bothered.

"I've fooled the entire government but you...I must admit. I underestimated you".

"We're both in the same line of work, no one will understand you better than I do."