Chapter Thirty

I'm laying down on the couch in Jason's basement. We've been lounging around, since cleaning the basement and pool area. Some idiots were actually outside last night goofing off. I have on panties and his shirt as I lay with back to him. Jason has on a tank top and jogging pants. Today has to be the first day that we haven't had sex, since I been at his house.

I play with Jason's fingers as I stare at the movie he put on half an hour ago. I wasn't really paying attention to the movie. All I know is that it's an action movie, and I'm not into action movies like that. Jason moves my legs to put between his legs to get more comfortable.

"Baby, I'm going to watch t.v. in your room."

He kisses the back of my neck and holds me tighter. "We can watch what you want when this go off."

"Can we talk?"

"Always."

Leslie been weighing heavy on my mind, since hearing her voicemail. I just haven't figured out how to tell him that I hacked into his phone. I really don't consider it hacking, because it's not like it took me a lot of time to get into it. I just happened to remembered a pattern he used on his phone some time ago.

"Why is Leslie blowing your phone up?"

Jason lifts his body up and turns me around, so that I'm laying on my back. "You went through my phone?"

Is this a trick question? He knows I went through his phone, if I'm asking him why she is calling him too much. I just look at his face not answering. We have a staring contest for the next three minutes with neither of us blinking, or moving.

Jason sits all the way up on the couch and pushes my legs to the side. "You are unbelievable, Melissa."

Oh, shit. He called me by my name. I sit up on the couch and watch as he stares at the television with an angry look on his face.

"How?" I know how, but I just don't want him to shut down on me, because I know he will. Jason turns his face to me slightly narrowing his eyes. I look down at my fingers and decide that I'm going to stop pushing his buttons. "You left it there on the night stand." I'm not sure exactly why I say this, but it sounds good thinking it in my head.

"Oh, I forgot I can't leave my phone in my room in my house." He looks at me again.

Point taken. I try not to get an attitude back, but he still hasn't answer my question. We're just beating around the bush about how he feels about me going through it. We can still discuss that, but maybe after he tells me why his ex is blowing him up. Why she is leaving messages that sounds serious as hell?

"Why is she calling you?"

Jason's jaw tightens as he looks at me. "I don't think that's your business, but to diffuse this whole thing . . ." He gestures toward us. "I'll talk to you about it."

I can tell right away that he has an attitude. I keep my mouth shut and refrain from rolling my eyes at how he is acting towards me.

"I don't know why she is calling me, but if you want you can ask her. Matter fact, next time you go through my phone, take her number down and let me know what she wants."

I cut my eyes at him. It's never that serious.

"I don't talk to her to find out what she wants, because you're already insecure when it comes to us. Have I gave you any reason to not trust me?"

I do trust him, but I don't trust her. There's a difference. "I trust you." I say quietly.

"No, you don't. I just changed the code to my phone, and you already know what it is and snooping through my phone."