Chapter Seventeen

Jason and I are at the mall walking with his hand in my back pocket. He has my heart doing leaps all over the damn place, and I still can't grasp the fact that he had broken up with his girlfriend for me. My eyes travel his whole body, and I smile to myself. We are both wearing the shoes he bought me, black jeans, and white shirts. I slip my hand into his back pocket, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.

"Mel, I was thinking that we should get matching dog tags."

I grin and nod. "How about you get a tattoo of my face on your neck?" I giggle as he gives me look.

"I'll get your name right here." He runs his fingers across his chest. "Big as hell. Melly bay for life. Then you can get my name right here." He runs his fingers across my lower back. "Something like, Jason always."

I laugh at him and push him playfully. "How about I get your name on my ankle?"

Jason pulls me to him, smiling too hard. "When I go off to college, I'm going to get your name on every inch of my body."

I start blushing and push him playfully. This boy drives me completely crazy. He puts his arm back around me, and I smile at him.

"Melly baby, let's do a movie. There's this show that came out that I wanted to see. Since we're here, we might as well do something other than walk around looking sexy together."

"It's unbelievable how cocky you are, Jason."

"I know, and you're more settled than me, so it evens out. After the show, I want to stop somewhere to buy something for you."

I eye him suspiciously. "And what might that be?"

"Damn, Mel, can a guy do something special for his girl, without her being suspicious?"

I just continue to look at him, wanting an answer.

"Okay, I want to pick you up this outfit I saw the other day. I have something in my closet that looks similar to it, so I thought maybe we can match."

"More than already? Jas, you don't have to."

"I know, but I want to. I want everyone to know where it's at, until I get your name all over this."

I laugh as he gestures to his body moving his body. I shake my head, feeling my cheeks heat up. I watch some girls nearby look at my baby. I grab his hand heading to the movie theater.

"Jason, what am I going to do with you?

"The exact same thing that I'm going to do with you." He gives me a naughty grin.

*****

I can't wipe the smile off my face as I sit at lunch with Kerri. I keep thinking about how Jason holds me, touches me, and kisses my lips. I can't get enough of him. Kerri clears her throat loudly, and I look at her. She gives me a look, and I start laughing like she just told a joke.

"Girl, I'm so sorry. I'm just so happy. This boy has me thinking that I can fly. Girl, I bet I can fly."

Kerri and I giggle, and she shakes her head. "I'm happy for you and Jason, Mel. You two are the hot couple in school. All I hear around here is that you and him finally together. You know, we both know that Jason had dated many girls, but Mel, I have never seen him act like this with one. I told you that boy been loving you forever."

"Me either." I look up at Kerri with my smile leaving my face. "I am a bit concern though."

She frowns at me as she bites into her banana. "What's up?"

"It's just that I know Jason had been with quite a few girls. I'm almost sure he's going to be my first."

A naughty grin comes across her face. "Are you now? Have you two been talking about it?"