Chapter Twenty

I open my eyes the next morning to a pounding headache. I roll over in the bed and see Jason sleeping next to me. When my eyes adjust to my surroundings, I realize that I'm in his room. What the hell happened last night? I grab my phone to text Kerri.

U home safe?

I wait for a reply. When I don't receive one in ten minutes, I know she is probably still sleeping. I lay next to Jason as I suddenly remember that I threw up in his car multiple times. I close my eyes wishing to have amnesia. I can't believe that I let Kerri get me drunk. She is such a bad influence, but I love the girl like a sister.

Jason opens his eyes, and I bite my lip scared of what he will say.

"Sorry."

"Not as sorry as me."

He closes his eyes, and I turn my back on him. I pull the covers up to my chin, wondering how bad I really was last night. Jason puts his arms around me and kisses the back of my neck.

"Melly, you passed out in my car, and your brother wasn't answering the phone. I called my dad and brought you back to my house."

Your dad? Oh, no! I rather you had called my mom!

"You threw up in my car about six times. I cleaned it up last night, after my father carried you in. You threw up on him, also."

My face gets red with humiliation. I vomited all over your dad? Are you kidding me? Damn, I am going to kill Kerri!

"Everything is cool, though. You're okay. The inside of the car is cleaned and now air drying in the garage. I guess the only problem is between you and I."

I turn around to look at him. "We have a problem?"

"Yes."

I swallow hard mentally preparing myself for him not wanting to be with me. I have never drank anything in my life, and I can't believe after a stupid house party that I'm suddenly known as a drunk.

"Mel, that was not cool. I don't know what you were drinking, but why would you drink, anyway? And then you were dancing with some dude like you wanted him to take you home."

"I'm sorry. I just saw you dancing with that girl and filled myself with alcohol. I was so jealous. You had your hands all over her body and acted like you didn't come with me." Tears come to my eyes remembering that particular part of the night. "That was not cool."

"I didn't know you were jealous."

"I'm always jealous!" I wipe my tears as he moves closer to me.

"You don't have to be jealous, Melly, because you already got me. Stop doubting it . . . I'm yours."

"I'm sorry."

"I am too."

My phone vibrates, and I grab it in a hurry. I breathe a sigh of relief when I see that it's Kerri returning my message.

Im good. U?

Jasons house.

Drunk sex?

No, I passed out last night. Thanks for keepin me n trouble.

U welcome.

Seriously, Ker, I can neva do that again.

Neither can I. Terrance took me home last night and I dont even remember us having sex.

R u sure it was Terrance?

Yea, he's laying next to me now, so I think.

LMAO. I cant stand u bn my bestie.

LOL. IKR? Whats on agenda??