Chapter Thirty One

It's Monday morning and Jason and I are walking into the school together. I feel like we're different, but I know that we're the same. Maybe it's all the sex that we've been doing at his house, but I feel much closer to him than I did before Christmas break. Jason has his hand in my back pocket as always. I think he just likes to get a free feel, but I'm cool with that.

Jason walks me to my locker and holds my bag as I take a couple books out with notebooks. Diamond walks up to us with a camera, smiling hard in Jason's face. I slam my locker shut, and she smiles a little at me.

"I'm on the year book committee, and we're taking votes on top ten cutest couples in school. Can I take a picture of you two?"

I continue to just look at her. Jason drop our bags on the floor and pulls me into his arms.

"This good?"

"Um . . . Yeah." She looks nervously at me, because I'm just standing in front of him with a bore look on my face.

I turn my attention to Jason, looking in his eyes. He mouths the words be nice to me, and I shake my head. He puts his forehead against mine and gives me a tiny peck. I forget for a second that she is standing here watching us, until I hear a camera go off.

"You two are cute. You got my vote." She gives us a tiny smile as she walks away.

"You're so mean, baby."

"No, I'm not. She wants you."

Jason smiles. "I want you, so I don't care. Trust me." He gives me another peck.

Kerri walks up to my locker. "Hey, babez!"

I move from Jason's embrace as I give Kerri a little smile. I know she is most likely tired of seeing us hugged up together. I pick my book bag up and put it over my shoulder.

"Baby, I'll talk to you later." I give him a tiny kiss on the cheek.

He kisses me back on the lips and nod. "Hey, Ker bear, you need a ride home after school?"

"I'm good. Antonio is giving me a ride home."

"What? What's going on with you and Terrance?" Jason asks her with concern.

"You ask him. He's been in a funk since the lights off party. He cheated on me several times last year, but it's the end of the world, because I kissed another dude." She waves her hand. "He can gone with that."

"Two wrongs don't make it right, Ker."

Kerri crosses her arms and gives Jason a so what look. Jason sighs and pulls me into his arms again to give me another kiss.

He brings his lips down to my ear. "I love you and appreciate you." He takes one last look at Kerri. "Later, Ker."

I watch him walk away. Kerri sighs deeply shaking her head. "He's upset over this, huh?"

"Maybe a little, but you know that Terrance is his boy."

"And he knows Terrance is foul. Since the day this fool told me about going to Indiana to the strip club, we haven't been cool. Every day we're at each other's throat. Girl, I'm tired. He took my virginity, and I thought we can make it work, but this damn boy doesn't care about me."

"I know." I sadly agree with her. "Let's walk to my first class."

"Okay." We begin walking down the hall. "Mel, can I ask you for a favor?"

"Anything."

"Antonio asked me to go to this party with him Friday, but I'm nervous. You know I've only been around Terrance the last two years. Do you think that maybe you and Jas can double with us?"