Oh to be Hermione granger

and with nothing better to do, harry opened the book '1001 creature inheritances by newt Scamander' and turned to the bookmarked page 'fae'

he sighed mentally, and started reading

                                                                                             Fae

FAE BACKGROUND AND HISTORY:

The most commonly accepted meaning of the word "fae" is that the creature is a dark mix of phoenix, fairy and veela  "Fairy" in this sense meaning the mythical and playful, often mischievous, human-like woodland creatures from stories and legends. the main difference between fae and fairy?

 So in short: Fairies – Good creatures. Faeries – Evil or mischievous creatures.

A fae is a type of  legendary creature, mostly died out. many families of the sacred 28, namely the most noble and ancient house of Black, the house of Potter, the house of Malfoy and the house of Salazar Slytherin himself, have long forgotten dormant traces of fae in their bloodlines, corrupted by inter-breeding and magical corruption.

commonly found in the folklore of many muggle European cultures, a form of spirit, often described as metaphysical, supernatural, or preternatural. 

the fae came long ago from the interbreeding of the aforementioned creatures. it was born in the land of Álfheimr, but, in histories texts, was hidden away by those still loyal to the family, in the folds of time and space itself. in which it bred into the lines of the house of Slytherin, eventually creating the half creature inheritance we know  nowadays. sadly nearly all traces of these wonderful creatures have disappeared and not one registered fae lives in existence today. i do say registered. in days gone and days here, faes, especially dark faes are feared. because of the legendary blóð friður treaty signed in 1439, faes are practically untouchable by wizarding and muggle law. this means they can kill and not be prosecuted for it. many have attempted to change this, but none so far has succeeded.

FAE ABILITIES AND DIET:

most obviously is the use of the fae's wings, which are strong enough to carry them in flight. this is also the way many tell their fae ranking and status. 

if wings point downward they are a submissive fae. they will have a dominant mate and will be able to carry children, as female or male, though a male submissive fae has not been found in millennia's. similarly  if wings point upward they are the dominant fae. they will have a submissive mate and will be the main breadwinner as well as head of the family.

despite this, the submissive faes are generally more violent, especially if their kit (children) are in danger, they are nesting (see section entitled, 'the mating process') or their mate is being threatened. 

if wings are black, then they are dark fae of no status. if wings are black tipped red, then they are royal light fae. this means extra abilities and the status and respect that title carries. If wings are white, then they are light fae of no status. if wings are white tipped red, then they are royal light fae. this means extra abilities and the status and respect that title carries.

all fae have natural occlumency and legilimency abilities (mind arts: the art of blocking people from accessing your mind and reading other's minds) they also have exceptional wandless and non verbal magic as well as a larger magical core then normal witches and wizards. they can also speak to all forms of flying creatures, due to their phoenix side, which also gives them extensive healing abilities. they are able to heal their mate(s) and those they considered family. it is extremely hard for them to heal others however, and normally depletes their magical core. this was due to an adaptation in their genes, when fae children were being stolen and kept caged to heal those that were hurt during the vetrarbarátta (winter battle 1632). fae are also unusually beautiful, and even rival the beauty of pure veela.

royal fae also have control of the elements and super speed and strength. they will have control over all the elements, but a natural affinity for one, which generally complements their mates e.g a fire fae will most likely mate a earth fae to ground them both and complement their magic.   but they will need their mate's blood to survive. which is why it is crucial that they find their mate within 2 months and consummate within 3. generally, non royal fae have 6-8 months to find their mate and consummate the bond. if rejected they will die. 

fae can eat normal foods, however submissive fae will generally have a very sweet tooth, especially during mating. royal fae will normally drink their mates blood, but will still be able to eat and drink normal foods. drinking of blood is generally done in private, as it is a very intimate experience.

FAE MATING AND NESTING:

fae are generally insatiable creatures and will enjoy sex wherever and whenever they please. however a submissive fae will go into 'heat' this is when most fae children are conceived . there are 3 stages of heat. 1st the readying. the fae will be extremely hungry and they will release peraphomes which warn people away from them, as, having sex during this period can be detrimental to the preparation process, and may result in a still birth.

2nd is the abating process. they will become increasingly violent and will crave sweet foods. this lasts a short period of time

3rd is the actual mating process. the fae will crave their mate and will release enticing peraphomes. they will crave for their mate to 'take them' and to give them child. this usually lasts about 7-10 days and most fae stay in their home with their mate during the entire phase of this. no contraceptives will be strong enough to prevent a child the first time however a special contraceptive may be used after. it is generally hard to brew and will need basilisk skin and freely given unicorn horn, as these ingredients are difficult to come by, most fae families are large.

when a child is conceived, the fae will 'nest' which includes gathering soft things to create a nest for their child. fae will become clingy and will experience mood swings and cravings. male submissive fae will experience some level of pain as their body creates a channel for their baby to be born. fae pregnancy lasts 10 months, but their babies will be more developed than usual when born. 

MATES:

as mentioned, fae emits peraphomes, which is how they generally find their mates. the mating process includes a courting process and a bonding. however fae are vey private people and not much is know about this process. to e sure of their compatibility a fae will generally touch their mates wings. a normal person touching their wings cause discomfort , but to a mated fae, their wings are a significant pleasure point, used during sex or to calm an agitated fae.

and that was it. harry shuffled out of bed as if on autopilot, and conjured a mirror, though, he noted, he did not have his wand in hand. 

and the mirror appeared

and harry gasped.

_________________

sorry this is kinda filler-y but I thought the info was needed, so I'm not explaining stuff in bits and pieces throughout the story. 

hope you like it so far.

votes and comments are appreciated!

love 

kat

1234 words! :)