shattered vials of blood

it was day seven of being back in the castle. three days after the hospital wing fight. Harry's back ached as he had to keep his wings in for the whole day. the whispers and stares grew louder around him and he was pissed off to no end. "why wasn't he sleeping in Gryffindor? why did he look like that? why wont you go on a date with me" "no Seamus I'm not sleeping with my secret Ravenclaw lover! no dean, I didn't invent a magical, buffing up potion, no Ginny I wont fucking go out with you! no Hermione I'm not accepting anything from him. no Hermione I.dont.care" and moody kept trying to accost him. and when he was finally happy because he worked out what the first task was (Hagrid had told him whilst he was drunk) it all fell down again.

Severus was... a little more than livid. every day, he sent a vial of blood across to potters rooms by way of his house elf (tipsy). every day, when he stepped out of his rooms, there was the vial, shattered, droplets of blood clinging to the broken glass. and everyday potter looked a little bit worse. he'd taken his concerns to Dumbledore, and tried to order the boy, but, without the blood, the bond hadn't progressed and harry could still defy him. and harry would die.

Hermione was incensed.  Ron was being stupid. victor wouldn't leave her alone and harry.... harry was dying. and there was nothing she could do. there wasn't a book or a manual on this to fall back on, and for once she felt helpless, she had tried and tried to talk to harry, she'd even lectured professor Snape, who had just slammed the door in her face. 

harry was sick.

and he knew it.

but he was also stubborn. and he was more stubborn than he was sick.

so when he slumped over his cauldron in potions class, and his wings burst from his back he still held strong.

and when the heady scent of his mate pushed his cut wrist to his mouth, he still would not drink. 

Snape- no Severus smelled of patchouli, and warm spices, of a leathery smell, and herbs and flowers, he smelled like sandalwood and a hint of bitter cherries, potion fumes.

"Severus" he whispered.

"harry"

"my mom would have forgiven you you know that right?" harry breathed out 

"not for letting you die. shed never forgive me for that" Severus whispered.

"but I'm happy. no more psychotic bastards trying to kill me" harry laughed out.

"harry?" 

"hmm" he answered, breathes coming out far and few between now. his mother and father were standing so close to him, as the world was fading away, they were getting clearer.

"you're not going to forgive me for this, so I'm saying sorry now" Severus said drawing his wand to his own throat

"wha-what are you doing"

Severus breathed in.  his wand was at his throat, he remembered the spell. the last time he used it was to kill a muggle at Voldemort's orders 

"a spell of my own invention. only my counter curse or your magic can heal it. I'm sorry harry."

"no!" "Sectumsempra !"

and Severus fell.

and harry screamed.

"look at me" Severus whispered

and harry looked

and Severus smiled

"beautiful"

and his eyes closed

"NO!"

harry dragged himself up over the body of his teacher, his tormentor, his mate. and his eyes closed. and he licked the cut. soft kitten licks. 

wherever his tongue touched, healed. no marks, no scars. and as the last cut closed he bit down.

wings coming around to encircle them as his mate's blood ran thick over his tongue.

Severus gasped under him. and harry felt it for the first time.

he felt at home

______________________________

ohhhhhhhhh! sips on the tea 

pumpkin juice! hows that for a cliffhanger.

expect more angst! im not done treading your poor snarry haearts into the dust yet! :)

votes and comments appreciated

love

kat

644 words :)