emerald eyes

"class dismissed, except for you Mr potter"

dull green eyes latched on to Severus' onyx ones. eyes too tired. eyes too world weary for a teen.

"yes sir"

Ron and Hermione lingered, but he nudged them and signalled he'd catch them up. 

no doubt they would be standing outside the door however when he was finished talking to them.

"sir?"

"Severus, Mr po- harry. Severus"

"Severus, if this is about the first task you really needn't tr-"

"harry. if you would please allow me to speak more than to words before you cut in"

"yes sir. sorry sir."

"look... harry, i think that dragon has given me a lot to think about. I- I would like to try at this, properly, if you are still amiable to this idea"

"what are you saying" harry whispered

"i wish to court you if i may. if done properly, I would have asked your godfather beforehand, but something tells me you have yet to tell him, and i thought it best if you introduce him to the idea, then allow me to send him a letter on the subject of courting. that is, if you still wish. i mean of course I understand if-"

"no no I would love to, id forgotten about Sirius completely."

Severus nodded his head delicately, then produced  a small black case from his robes and handed it to harry, who looked at him quizzically "to signify the acceptance of courting, a gift is given, generally a piece of jewellery, I saw this while at Hogsmeade and it reminded me of you"

harry opened to ox and gasped. nestled on a black velvet pillow lay a beautiful necklace. it was a silver dragon wrapped round a golden sword, on a small silver chain"

"its beautiful" harry gasped, eyes swimming with tears

"its beautiful" harry gasped, eyes swimming with tears. "thank you Severus i love it"

Severus cleared his throat "it has several protection enchantments on it, as well as being a portkey which is, for now, keyed to Hogwarts. just touch it and say salvus and you will be transported to the great hall. if there is a danger to you imminent, or a dark potion or charm, it will glow blue"

harry threw his arms round the potions master's neck "thank you"

Severus stiffened for a second, before gently wrapping his arms round the boy "no thank you"

"can you umm"

harry blushed 

"yes?" Severus asked a faint trace of a smirk evident on his lips

"c-can you put it on for me" harry turned and moved his hair out of the way, shivering slightly, as he felt cool long fingers clasp the chain behind his neck. 

"thank you" harry breathed. then, summoning his last remaining shreds of Gryffindor courage, turning around and pressing a kiss to the older men's cheek, then he hurried from the room.

Severus stood stock still, for a long second, noting how bright the boys eyes had seemed to be, and the warm and soft lips that were on his cheek a second ago.

and, even if he'd deny it, then poison every witness before dissolving their body's in a vat of acromantula venom, Severus smiled

he smiled.

________________________________________________

https://www.lightinthebox.com/en/p/men-s-pendant-necklace-engraved-dragon-gothic-titanium-steel-gold-silver-60-cm-necklace-jewelry-1pc-for-gift-school-street-club-promise_p7541458.html?currency=GBP&litb_from=paid_adwords_shopping&sku=1_27%7C18_16187&country_code=gb&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&adword_mt=&adword_ct=473015078806&adword_kw=&adword_pos=&adword_pl=&adword_net=u&adword_tar=&adw_src_id=3516490533_11370798896_111725329376_pla-648852557741&gclid=Cj0KCQiAst2BBhDJARIsAGo2ldXx0ysq2R2VhFxv70TThOTFWjTBUMzzx6EpLHMkIJ0jMYocJ3T3XKQaAji-EALw_wcB

^ link for dragon pendant

when it goes blue it looks like this:

please don't forget to vote comment and fan! it keeps me motivated! :)

love 

kat

579 words! :)