11. Workplace Drama

"Can't I just stay for one more day? I'm feeling sick again." You whined to your friends, who had been staying with you at your apartment for the past couple of days to help you with your little press situation.

Hawks had let you take a few sick days to recover from the whole issue, but today you had to go back. And boy, did you not want to go.

The idea of having all those eyes on you, on your way to work and in work was not appeasing. Especially with the fanbase that he has, you were surprised you hadn't gotten murdered yet. You were also shocked you hadn't gotten fired or anything, but it seemed that Hawks was giving you a second chance.

The only thing that kept you going was knowing that you needed this job. You needed it for your mother and yourself, to keep you both afloat.

"C'mon (y/n), it can't be that bad. I'm sure you'll be fine." Sau reassured you, rubbing your shoulders as you finished buttoning up your blouse.

"You don't get it, dealing with him and all those people, ugh I'm going to get eaten alive." You groaned, putting your face in your hands.

"You've had worse, I mean, you had to put up with Endeavor and his little temper tantrums for years. If you're strong enough to do that, then you can definitely do this." Misaki told you, making a smile cross your lips.

She always knew what to say, and so did Sau. You had Kara around too for a bit, but she had to go work, and was constantly asking if you and Hawks "banged." Which said no to, but she didn't listen.

Sau brushed a hair out of your face, smiling at you. "Now go be the warrior you are and kick some ass, okay? You got this."

--

I don't get this.

You thought to yourself as you walked through the building. People were staring at you wherever you went and you doubted that the office was going to be any better.

As you entered the office, everyone stopped briefly, looking over at you. People whispered, others stared, and you just sighed, sitting down at the desk, getting to work.

After a few minutes of getting settled, you knew you were going to have to get up to talk with Hawks. You couldn't just avoid him the whole day, you were his personal assistant. So, you took a deep breath, getting to your feet, and walking over to his office.

You stood at his door for a moment or two, fidgeting nervously. The last time you spoke with him was at your apartment, the morning after you made that stupid mistake which was still plaguing you now.

It's fine, (y/n). Don't think about that. Just focus.

"Good Morning, Hawks." You greeted him, in the most professional fashion you could.

"Morning, (y/n). How are you holding up?" He asked, with that signature grin on his face. He never changed, did he?

"I'm fine, I suppose. How about you?" You answered.

"Pretty good, the commission is pissed. My publicists and managers are mad too, but I know things are going to die down." He told you with a little chuckle.

The commission was mad? You couldn't help but feel some anxiety swarm in your stomach at that. How were you not fired? How was he so fine with this? "S-so I'm not fired?"

"What? Of course not, dove. You're one of the best assistants I've had." You felt your heart swell at that comment and then cursed yourself for feeling that way.

"Thank you. Here's your schedule." You handed him your tablet, showing him what he had to do for the day.

--

With a sigh, you stood out in the break room, tapping some buttons on the machine that made coffee. You put the mug underneath, rubbing your eyes a bit and watching the brown liquid fill up into the cup.

Once you got your coffee, you turned to leave, but not before getting knocked over by one of Hawks' receptionists, another tagging along with her. The coffee spilled all over the floor, burning you slightly when it hit the hem of your skirt.

"Maybe you should watch where you're going or who you're sleeping with, Skank." She remarked, laughing with the other woman as they walked past you.

You glared at them angrily, biting your lip and grabbing some napkins to clean up the mess spilled on you and onto the floor.

Jealous bitches, if they really want Hawks that badly, they can go get him.

--

Hawks looked over at you, watching as you dropped your head against the keyboard. He wanted to help you, he really did. But he couldn't when you kept on resisting him. All you would have to do was give in to him. Let him take you, let him keep you, and all that pain, all that stress would just go away.

But you didn't, so he was going to have to keep on pushing you. And now, he was forced to do some things he didn't want to do.

(A/N: Oh hell nah this man goin on another level

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!