23. Found

[TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH IN CHAP]

Exhausted and panting, you stood at Misaki's door. It was beautiful. You'd never think you'd find a door so pretty. Well, that's because there was more to it than just a door. It was your oasis, your sanctuary, a place where you could finally find safety and refuge.

You couldn't have been happier, couldn't have felt freer. Your whole body felt like it was going to give out as you trudged up to the doorstep, as you raised your sore arm, and knocked on the door. You knew it was late at night and that you'd probably be waking her, but you didn't care.

When there wasn't a response, you knocked on the door. Again, and again, until she finally answered. After a few minutes of quiet mumbles, you heard some footsteps leading up to the door.

She stood in front of you, eyes all squinted and tired from sleep. "(Y/n)?"

Never had you been so happy to see her. To see another human face. One that actually cared for you. You had been deprived of contact for so long, you thought you might go crazy.

You wrapped your arms around her, pulling her into a hug, nestling your face into her neck, feeling the tears well up in your eyes. You squeezed her tight, so tight that she started choking up, and you let her go, pulling her back into the apartment door and shutting it quickly before anyone could see.

"(Y/n), what's going on? Why're you all dirty? And why are your feet bleeding? Where have you been?" She asked, completely confused.

"It's Hawks- He's- h-he's-" You were too tired, too scared to even talk about what happened. "I'll just explain what's happening later, okay? But if he shows up, do not say anything about my being here."

With that, you turned away, walking over to the guest bedroom, and collapsing onto the bed. It had been so long since you laid on a bed, the cushion feeling amazing on your aching body, and god, it was heaven.

"Uh okay," Misaki said, still standing in the hallway, confused and very concerned. She had thought you finally lost it.

You nestled yourself under the blankets, soon finding yourself growing drowsy and falling asleep despite knowing the fact that Keigo would be coming for you soon.

You knew you had some time, considering that Misaki was the friend you were least close with, meaning he would probably first go to the police station, the to Sau's house, then to Kara's, and then to Misaki's.

Now, you weren't stupid. You knew if you went to the police station looking like this, Hawks would definitely find you, and he'd say you were having a mental breakdown, and the officers would all believe him.

So instead, you had a different plan. Sleep, clean yourself up, explain what was happening to Misaki, and go find someone who could help you.

After getting the best sleep you've gotten in a good while, you woke up, grabbing some breakfast, and then taking a shower. You stripped down your clothes, not even noticing the small red feather attached to the back of your shirt, stepping in and turning the water up to the warmest setting.

The hot water felt amazing on your skin, and you sighed, scrubbing softly at it. Washing off Hawks' touches. Washing off all the pain and stress you had been going through, and letting it all go. You were finally free now. Or were you?

It wasn't until you left the shower when you saw him. Standing behind Misaki, holding a blade to her throat. You froze, clutching your towel even tighter against your chest.

There was a terrifying look in his eyes, one you never recognized before. One that shook you to your very core. Betrayal, fury, and bloodlust, was the only thing you could get from them.

"Keigo, please. I'll go with you and I'll stay, I promise. Just please leave Misaki out of this." You begged.

"You know you couldn't escape me, right? You're mine. We're soulmates. Destined to be together, for as long as we live. No matter where you go, or what you do. I'll always find you. I'll always have you. And it seems I have to make you learn the hard way." 

Just like that, he slit Misaki's throat. Taking her life. You cried out, already growing choked up at the sight. No. No! How could you let this happen? This was all your fault. You caused this.

The next thing you knew, he was grabbing your throat, slamming you into the wall, and strangling you. You clawed at his hands, struggling for air, feeling your vision begin to blur, and everything went black.

(A/N: SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE I WAS CRAMMING FOR MY DRIVER'S TEST

I thought I was gonna fail but I passed lmfao

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!