18. Meeting

[NSFW WARNING, SMUT IN CHAP]

You sat alone at your desk, typing away on another hero report. You still couldn't believe you were back here after what happened the other day. While any other woman would've loved getting a massage from Hawks, you still didn't know how to feel about it. Especially with the ways things ended.

You felt yourself cringe at the memory, gritting your teeth slightly. How could you just imagine that when it felt so real? He had kissed you before, so why wouldn't he then? Still, it was super embarrassing and awkward, so much that you had been avoiding going into Hawks' office.

He definitely noticed, you could tell, by the way you could feel his golden gaze staring right through you. Every now and then, you would look over at him, and look away when he started looking towards you. He did the same, and the cycle went on and on for a while.

Halfway through the day, he left to go on patrol, leaving you be for awhile. He didn't come back until late at night, when you were still working, alone. Most had taken off for the night, but your work pile still never stopped.

He eventually approached your desk, standing by it while you kept your eyes on the paper you were reading. "I would like to speak with you in my office."

"Okay." You nodded, putting down your papers. Was this it? Was he firing you for acting unprofessional? You couldn't lose this job, this was all you had that could keep you and your mother going.

Swallowing the lump in your throat, you got up from your desk, walking over to Hawks' office. Inside the room was dim, blinds covering up the outside, only the lamp on his desk illuminating it. Yep, you were definitely getting fired.

What were you going to do? Where could you stay? You felt the panicked thoughts rush through your mind, trying to calm yourself.

"Hawks, I really need this job. I'm sorry if I was unprofessional, but I cant afford-" You started, not even letting him begin with what he was going to say. He interrupted you halfway through your sentence.

"Wait what? I'm not firing you. Is that what you thought was happening?" He asked, making you stop.

"You're not?" You questioned, completely dumbfounded.

"Of course not. I know things haven't been easy for you, with this job, your life, your friends, with me, and I just wanted to thank you for staying by my side through all of this. (Y/n), you're one of the best assistants I've ever had. Strong, smart, beautiful, and truly, amazing." You felt your heart begin to flutter at his words, letting your stupid self be swept off your feet.

  "You've been great too. I mean, getting me this job, putting up with me, taking care of me when I'm drunk, or in a bad mental state, or if I'm being a jerk. You even let me stay at your place, I just, I don't know how I'll ever thank you." You admitted, letting all the mushy gushy words and feelings take over.

"Well, I can think of one way you can thank me." A smirk crossed his lips as his eyes darkened slightly. You felt a shiver go down your spine.

He raised his gloved finger, motioning for you to come over. "C'mere."

Hesitantly, you walked over to his side of the desk, standing beside him nervously. He pushed his swivel chair back, giving some space between the desk and him, for you to walk over. He patted his thigh, gesturing for you to sit.

You felt your face heat up at the prospect of knowing he wanted you to sit on his lap. "I don't know if I should- this feels wron-"

"There's nothing wrong about it. You just want to show your favorite prohero how thankful you are with a kiss." He told you.