3. Orientation

"You're late. Come on, we have to go." Is what the secretary told you the day you arrived for orientation.

"Where are we going?" You asked, following after her through the office halls.

"Hawks said he wanted you to get used to the speed of things. So he can make sure you can keep up. This is going to be a part of your orientation." She explained, continuing down the corridor while you managed to keep with her pace.

I can keep up with the speed of things. You're just a jealous bitch.

You thought to yourself in annoyance, glaring at her back as you kept behind her. "So, who had the job before me?"

"It's hard to say, lots of assistants come and go. I usually don't get to know them well enough to remember their names." She answered, marking something off on her clipboard, turning into another part of the office.

"They're gone that fast?" You questioned, a little shocked. It was surprising to know that so many people would give up such a position so quickly. Especially one with Hawks. Didn't everyone love him, or whatever?

"It's a difficult job. Most can't take it." She stopped, finally looking back at you. "A little piece of advice? You should just quit. No one ever listens to me about this, and I doubt you will, but trust me. You'll want to pretty soon."

You couldn't tell if she was being sincere and trying to help you, or if she was just trying to scare you out of the job. You guess you'd find out eventually.

Still, you were sure you would be fine. You were a secretary for Endeavor, who was the number one rank, after all. Everything would be okay. It's all going to be okay.

"You said it was difficult? How much work do I have to do?"

"It depends on his mood, and it depends on how he feels about you. On an average day, you have to schedule meetings and press conferences, organize appointments, handle his modeling career, and also, get his coffee." She told you.

What the hell? Then why does he even have a secretary if I'm doing all this shit?

"What do you do then?" You accidentally blurted, causing the secretary to frown at you.

"I do the same thing, just a microscopic version of that. While you work just for Hawks, I work for the company." She beamed pridefully.

Oh wow, what a sacrifice you made.

"Now, come on. I have to introduce you to who you'll be working with." As you walked after her, you didn't even notice the other employees watching from their cubicles.

"Would you look at that? Fresh meat. She's going to get eaten alive." One murmured.

"How long do you give it? I say two weeks." Another said.

"Eh, she looks strong, I'll give it a couple of months." The other responded.

"You're on."

--

"Well, that's it for your orientation. You'll be starting next week, understand? Oh also, take this. You'll need it to help schedule things." The secretary handed you a tablet, walking off. "Good luck."

You looked around, and back down at the tablet. There's no way you could quit now. You and your mother both needed a home, both needed food, both needed you to provide and this job has the closest paycheck you'll ever get to your position at Endeavor's. You needed this job. You could do this.

There was no backing out now, you were doing this, wether you like it or not.

(A/N: Sorrryyyy short chap I know, writer's block can be such a bitch sometimes.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!