4. Assisting

You sat at the modeling agency, watching as the photographer instructed Hawks on which poses to do, while almost all of the female employees there were fangirling over him. At this point you were practically dying of boredom, going to grab a magazine to read.

It had been two weeks since you started working for Hawks, and things were looking up, you supposed. The work wasn't impossible, and it didn't seem any harder than working for Endeavor. That secretary was just trying to get to you, and you were fine.

The pro hero would occasionally glance over at you every now and then, seeing you nose-deep in some magazine instead of paying attention to him. At this point, he expected you to start falling for him, but unfortunately, that didn't seem like the case.

Now, Hawks wasn't deterred, not one bit. One of the reasons why he set his eyes on you was because he knew you weren't easy, and he loved a bit of a chase. After all, he knew that the biggest challenges give the best awards.

And when birds set their eyes on someone, they intend have them become their mate for life.

Feeling a pair of golden eyes burning through you, you finally looked up to meet the winged hero's gaze. He smirked at you, giving you a small wink before looking back at the camera. You felt your face heat up, before shoving it back into the magazine.

Why does he have to be so damn attractive? It makes working here so much harder.

Of course, you were the type to prefer personality over looks, but it was hard to not be captivated when your boss had the face of a greek god. He was so perfect, you couldn't stand it. No one was perfect, however, and you hadn't forgotten about that dark side he was hiding from everyone.

"What are you doing, birdie? The photo shoot's all done. We have to go." He told you, snapping you out from your thoughts. You decided to push away your curiosity for the time being. That curiosity was one of the things that made you find out about Endeavor's actions and made you quit the highest position you would probably ever have in your life.

Maybe you should just quit and stay away from pro heroes. They all seemed like hot messes anyway. But you knew you couldn't. You had already dedicated your education and life to this type of work and you had people you needed to care for.

You continued down the hall, Hawks at your side. "Something wrong, Songbird? You seem distracted."

"No sir." You muttered, making him frown. He grasped your chin softly, forcing you to look up at him. You didn't even notice how his pupils slightly dilated at the shared gaze."Call me Hawks. Enough with that sir crap, got it?"

"Yes, si- I mean Hawks." You answered, deep pink tinting your cheeks.

"Atta girl." He chuckled softly, noticing how your face was flushing, your heartbeat now racing. He removed his hand, walking in front of you and causing you to rub at your chin, wiping away his touch and scowling in annoyance.

You had grown used to his flirtatious personality, and the comments he made all ranging from little jokes about how nice you looked, to how you could be his wife. You would think it was weird, but you knew it was just to spark a reaction, and you had seen him talk that way to his other female employees, who would just fawn over it while you found it annoying. He could get handsy at times too, but he never went below your neck, and if he tried, you would just swat or smack his hand away. But, working with Hawks was fine, you guessed.

If only you knew how much danger you were in.

(A/N: I deadass have so many quizzes and tests this week it ain't even funny. I'm praying I pass math and chemistry lmao

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!