2. The Interview

You were starting to regret quitting.

While you may have felt disgusted for working there, the pay was great, and so was the position. But no, you had to be a complete idiot and quit a job most would kill for.

Even though you did make a lot of money, most of it was spent, paying for taxes and buying a nice apartment for you and your mother, so both of you could get out of that shitty part of the city.

Now, your mother wasn't sick or old, she was just irresponsible and co-dependent. You couldn't blame her, though. All her life she was pampered and coddled by her  father and rich men. When he died, she set out to find a man just like him. And she did.

But he left her, leaving to some other country, taking all his money with him. So that left you to pick up the pieces of your now broken family.

How could you even afford your apartments now? You were hoping to get some offers soon, but now you were growing nervous. How could you be so stupid?

Groaning to yourself, you ran a hand through your messy hair, sitting back on your bed. What am I going to do?

The sound of your phone ringing managed to tear you from your thoughts. You forced yourself off the bed, picking up the phone and answering. "Hello?"

"Good afternoon, Ms. (L/n). I'm here calling from Hawks' hero agency to let you know we have a position open for you, as his personal assistant." The voice on the other line told you.

Being a personal assistant to the number two hero? It sounded a bit too intimate for you. You hated getting involved in a prohero's personal life, especially someone like Hawks.

But, this was probably the closest you could get to your original career with Endeavor. In payment and position.

"Sure. Is there a time available for an interview? Or-"

"Anytime, as soon as possible." The voice on the other line replied.

"I can come in tomorrow afternoon, if he's free." You offered.

"Great. See you then." The call ended, and you let out a deep breath. Maybe things wouldn't be so rough after all.

--

After a restless night of tossing and turning, you got dressed and prepared yourself for the interview.

You weren't exactly a big fan of Hawks. In fact, you found his tactics to be lazy and reckless. Despite working as Endeavor's number two, you never met him. Only saw him on tv when the news wouldn't shut up about him, or during one of his shitty ads.

Pushing your hair back and giving yourself one last look in the mirror, you slung your bag over your shoulder and walked off into the city.

Here goes nothing.

You weren't nervous about the interview, you were more nervous about when you would first see him. Your quirk, Analyzation can let you see a person for who they truly are with just one look. All you had to do was look into their eyes, and you could know everything that's needed to be known about them.

So, what would you see in Hawks?

--

Pushing past the revolving door, you finally entered the building that was Hawks' Hero Agency. It was a lot bigger than you expected, with large windows letting sun fill the area, and workers bustling about their cubicles.

You strolled up to the front desk nervously, not sure what to do with yourself. "Um, hello. I'm (y/n) (l/n), here to see Hawks for an interview."

The secretary looked you up and down, a judgmental glint in her eyes. "Right. He should be ready for you in a minute or so."

You noted the jealous, disapproving, fangirling, bitch of a secretary as a problem you could deal with later.

"Ah, so you must be here for the interview."

And there he was. The pro hero in the flesh, Hawks.

He was even more attractive in person, his messy blonde hair tussled  and his piercing gold avian eyes staring right at you. The hero was a couple of inches taller than you, his gorgeous crimson wings pushed behind him, so he could make his way through the office normally. He smirked at you, and you tried not to stare for too long, just long enough to get a good look at him.

A laid-back, carefree hero, who's putting up an act. Cunning, intelligent, very vigilante, and a little dark. There was something about him, something that had this darkness to it. You couldn't tell what it was, though.

"Trying to analyze me, huh?" Hawks asked, secretly loving the way your eyes searched him.

"Oh- um- I-" You babbled like a nervous idiot, feeling your face heat up in embarrassment.

"C'mon, songbird. Let's go to my office." You winced are the pet name, following after him.

Hawks led you to the area, taking a seat and putting his feet up on his desk. You cocked an eyebrow, biting at the corner of your lip.

Yeah, get all comfortable since this totally isn't a workplace or anything,  just your living room sofa. Asshole.

You handed him your resume, and he scanned it over quickly, placing it aside and finally sitting upright. "I'm sure you know how I like to work. Rapidly and with speed. So my question is, do you think you'd be able to keep up?"

"Well, you're not the only one who can move fast, Hawks." You answered with a grin. Hawks seemed pleased with your answer, chuckling softly and leaning back in his chair. "And you used to work for Endeavor, right?"

"Yes. For a little more than three years." You nodded.

"Well, you got the job." 

"Really? That's it?" You blurted stupidly. You expected it to be easy, but not that easy. When you applied to work for Endeavor, he made you take all these exams and tests, it was a complete nightmare.

"I told you I'm fast. Unless you wanted something else?" You felt your face flush red and you didn't like the way he was looking at you. "Ha! The look on your face was pure gold! I'm just messing with you, birdie."

He yawned, stretching a little, his wings spreading along with him. "But yeah, meet back here next Tuesday for orientation. Welcome to the team, little dove."

(A/N: OKAY OKAY IM GOING ON A MINI RANT

HAWKS WOULD NEVER CALL ANYONE "KID" UNLESS THEY WERE A TEENAGER OR A LITERAL CHILD FUCK THAT YAGAMI YATO BULLSHIT.

Bird pet names? Hell yes. But "Kid?" NO. FUCK. THAT.

Anyways uh thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!