24. Return

When you awoke, you were in the exact same spot you had been chained up in. But this time, there were no blankets nor pillows to keep you warm. You supposed it was a punishment for trying to leave. Your throat throbbed in pain, and you ran your fingers over the bruises.

And that's when it really hit you, that you were never getting out of here. You looked around, squirming and feeling yourself grow hysterical. "No. No, no, no, no, no!"

"Quit jerking yourself around. You'll hurt yourself and the baby." Keigo told you, his voice emotionless, as well as the expression on his face.

"You're sick. You know that? You really think I can love someone as fucked up as you? I hate you. You killed Hanake. And you killed Misaki. She- she didn't do anything! She didn't deserve this! Neither of them did!" You shouted at him, feeling your eyes begin to tear up.

"I would watch what you're saying, if I were you." He warned.

"And you think this can all be excused because you love me? Because you think we belong together?" Keigo slapped you, stopping you from speaking.

You felt your cheek grow red and sting from the pain, a shocked expression on your face. "After all this time, you still don't get it? You don't understand how frustrating this is. How hard I worked for you. To have you. So we could be together. I didn't want to take you like this, but it seems like I have no choice."

He stood up, turning away from you and walking up the stairs. "Wait- Keigo- wait! Please don't go-"

But it was too late. He was already gone.

--

"Hey, thanks for meeting with me." Sau greeted the older women, as they both took a seat in a booth at the cafe.

Sau knew that you and your mother didn't have the best relationship, but when you weren't showing up like this, it felt like she was the only person Sau could go to. "It's fine. I do wish you could've picked somewhere nicer than this though. It's rather cheap."

Sau let took a small sigh. You could be in danger and she was worried about how expensive this establishment was? No wonder you couldn't stand her. The only reason why she was meeting with your mom was because Sau knew something was up, and she was the only one to agree with her.

"Right, well, about (y/n). Have you heard anything from her? I've gotten some texts, but I haven't seen her, I just heard something about her going on vacation to take a small break, since she just quit her job at Hawks' agency." Sau told her.

"She would normally come to meet with me first to give me some money or to have some lunch. That's one of the things I find strange. And the other is, well, (y/n) wouldn't just leave like this. Especially when she knows how important this job is to us- I mean her- she wouldn't quit." Your mother said, and Sau nodded, silently agreeing.

"Do you think we should file a missing person report?"

Your mom shrugged, sipping some of the coffee from the mug. "Give it a few weeks. I'll let you know."

(A/N: Yeah I'm stalling again lmfao

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!