27. Replaced

Sighing softly, you washed the dishes, rubbing the soap and water over them. Were you really that brainless to be doing these shitty dishes? No. You hated it. You hated being his stupid housewife, doing all the chores and making dinner while he was away at work.

The only reason why you did this was because you loved him. But did you really? You weren't sure by the way you were eyeing the kitchen knife in your hands, running the towel over it and caressing it softly, staring at yourself in the reflection.

The sound of a door closing behind you made you jump, snapping you out of your trance and dropping the knife, almost cutting yourself in the process.

"W-welcome Home." You stuttered, turning around to face Hawks. He seemed tired and frustrated, not even noticing your little slip-up.

Letting out a small sigh of relief, you put the knife down in the sink, letting the rest of the dishes air dry. "Dinner's ready. I had to wait for it to cool down, so I cleaned the dishes."

Keigo mumbled softly, acknowledging your words but not responding to them. Normally, when he was in a better mood, he'd thank you and tell you how well you did, how happy he could keep someone like you by his side. You had to admit, you missed the praise.

Pulling the dinner off the stove, you served some on Keigos' plate, then yourself. You sat down at the table across from him, starting to dig in, while he picked at his food.

Now you knew something definitely was up. It was only on the rarest occasions when he wouldn't eat. Any other day he'd be scarfing it down, even if he was upset. Whatever it was, it must've been something that really bothered him.

"Is there something wrong, honey? You've barely touched your food." You internally cringed at your words, hating yourself, even more, the moment they slipped from your mouth.

Hawks had trained you in how he wanted you to behave, and what he wanted you to say. Including those ridiculous pet names that made you want to throw up. "It's nothing."

"It doesn't seem like nothing."

"I said it's nothing, okay?" He snapped, making you flinch. You kept your eyes down at your food, getting a mouthful and trying to force back the tears, anger, and frustration.

Keigo let out a long, deep, sigh, rubbing his fingers over his temples. "I'm sorry, ok? The commission is just up my ass about this new public look. A girlfriend. Some high-strung rich bitch. I can't stand her."

You felt your stomach twist with jealousy. A new girlfriend? So what were you? Some woman he just has kids with on the side? Didn't you earn more than that? Didn't he love you more than that?

"Don't look at me like that, baby bird. You know I can't control it. She doesn't even compare to you. You're my soulmate. And you always will be. Just you." He reassured you. "C'mere."

Getting up from your seat, you walked over to him, letting him put a hand on your stomach. The bump was starting to show, and it had gotten to the point where you couldn't just pretend it didn't exist anymore.

"I bet it's going to be a handsome little boy. Maybe we could even have twins for our next." He rubbed his hand over the small bump on your stomach, pressing a kiss to it. "You know I'll love you always right? No matter what happens."

"I know. I'll always love you too."

(A/N: Ughhh I'm so tireddd I want to sleeepppp

Also we're pretty much almost done with this story, just a few more chaps and it'll all be over with so, hang on tight

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!