22. New Wings

At least two weeks went by, where you attempted to convince Keigo that you loved him, enough for him to let you leave this hell that was a basement. It felt like you were going crazy and maybe you were a little. Most days, it seemed that you were convincing yourself that you loved him more than you convinced him.

But you knew eventually, eventually, he would give in. Eventually, he would stop waiting and he'd have to trust you. Eventually, he would let you go, and you'd be free. And today, it all ended.

You guessed it was sometime during the evening, due to the crickets chirping outside, and the fact that Hawks had just got home. After a good ten or fifteen minutes or so, you heard the door to the basement open, and the sound of the stairs creaking.

You looked up from your book, watching the pro hero walk down the stairs, letting out an exhausted sigh. His wings were slightly droopy and it seemed that he wasn't in the best mood today.

Since you had been behaving so well, Keigo had rewarded you. He gave you a blanket, a pillow, to help comfort you, and a book for some form of entertainment.

But you still couldn't leave. You still had to use the bathroom in a bucket, and you had to let him wash with a sponge and water if you wanted to shower. It was so dehumanizing, so degrading, so humiliating. You hated it. And you hated him.

"How was your day?" You question, while he placed down the tray that was your dinner.

"Why are you asking?" He cocked an eyebrow, leaning back in his chair while he watched you eat.

"I'd just like to know how you're doing. And besides, it's not like there's much drama except for some intense chapters from Pride and Prejudice." You grinned, winking at him, making him smile slightly.

"Well, I had to find your replacement today. It was tough. None of them could compare what an amazing assistant you were." He told you, and you tried to ignore nausea twisting in your stomach as the thought of your once free life began to slowly get surely drift away.

"Really? I thought you were just saying that because you wanted something from me." You said, knowing that telling the truth would help him trust you more.

"Well, yeah. But that doesn't mean it wasn't true." He admitted, smirking at you.

You finished up your food, finally preparing to ask the same thing you've been dying to know ever since you got here. "When will I be able to leave? I know you need time to trust me, and I can wait. I just- I love you, and I want to be with you."

He stood from his seat and moving to sit down next to you. "I love you too. You've been so good and patient with me, but, how can I know if I can trust you?"

"You don't. But I promise I won't ever leave your side."

He took your hand, holding it tightly, and pressing a kiss to the back of your palm. "Alright."

He undid the chains from your raw and sore wrists, freeing you. Still holding your hand, he stood, helping you up along with him. Hawks hugged you, and you hugged him back, letting him press a longing kiss to your lips.

You kissed him back for a moment or two, before pulling out the sharpened edge of a plastic fork you broke from your back, stabbing it into his side. He fell to the ground with a cry of pain, his wings puffed in surprise. You didn't say anything, didn't speak a word, you only ran, dashing through the house and out the front door.

You heard him call after you, his voice enraged and furious, but you continued running, knowing that he would soon be hot on your trail. You went and hid behind another house, using a hand to cover your mouth and silencing yourself.

"You know I'll find you. You better come out now before I punish you even more." You heard him call.

After hearing him fly in the opposite direction, you quietly bounded through the grass of the backyard, continuing to run until you left the neighborhood and made your way into the city. You ran and ran, until your feet were bruised and bloody, until you finally reached Misaki's apartment.

This was it. You were finally free. You had grown your wings and escaped your cage.

(A/N: Seems y'all finally got a win

Enjoy it..for now ;)

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!