28. Conflict Of Interest

A loud thud woke you from your sleep, making you groggily sit up in bed. Your eyes scanned around the dark room, and you clutched your blanket as you searched for him. "Keigo?"

You whispered, but there was no response, making you grow even more awake and nervous. Earlier that night, he hadn't come home, which you found slightly concerning, but just told yourself that he was working late. A part of you hoped he wouldn't come back at all, while the other couldn't help but worry about him.

Footsteps could be heard from the other room, and a part of you just wanted to curl up under the blanket and hide, like a little kid would when they saw a monster. But you were frozen with fear and curiosity. Your life was already in the pits, what was the worse that could happen?

And then, he walked in through the door. Raven black hair, scarred purple skin, dark clothes, and cyan eyes that glittered in the moonlight.

You recognized him almost immediately. He had been shown on the news a good couple of times, and his name had been whispered by other pro heroes. Dabi. One of the main members of the LOV and a serial arsonist.

Before you could even try to use your quirk on him, to read him, to see his true nature and reason with him, he already moved. Already spoke. "Well, well, what do we have here?"

He whistled softly, eyeing your body that was only covered with a flimsy nightgown, before locking gazes with you. You felt your heart thumping in your ears, swallowing thickly and licking your lips.

"W-what do you want? Where's Hawks?" You asked, inching away from him before he could get any closer.

"What? Can't we talk? I'm sure we'll have quite the pleasant chat together, you know." He purred, creeping closer, while you tried to get away.

"No thanks." You muttered, feeling some pride bubble in your stomach. Even after everything that happened, you could still stand up for yourself. Still had some fight left in you. Some independence and strength.

Suddenly, he grabbed your arm, jerking you forward and off the bed, forcing you against him, all those feelings from once before disappearing. He smirked, grabbing your cheeks and giving them a small squeeze, making your lips pucker together. "You're a pretty thing, aren't you? So cute. That bird bastard's lucky to have someone like you. But you didn't give in to him that easily, did ya, (y/n)?"

You felt a shiver go down your spine when you heard your name being whispered from his lips. How did he know who you were? What else did he know?

"I don't know what you're talking about." You lied, making him grip your face even harder, the temperature of his warm fingers starting to increase and make you sweat. "C'mon. You know. I know you know. Just tell me, sweetheart, tell me what he did."

"He- he manipulated me- and kidnapped me." You answered, feeling your cheeks begin to burn, and your head starting to hurt from how hard he was grabbing your face.

He let you go, grabbing your hands and dancing around with you, moving you like a rag doll. "I knew it! I knew that prick was sick, especially after the twisted shit he did to Twice."

Twice? What did he do to Twice?

You wondered as he pushed up against you, his stomach hitting yours and making him pause. He moved a hand down over your belly, feeling your bump, a sick grin crossing his face.
"Damn, you got a bun in the oven too, huh?"

"What do you want from me, Dabi?" You hissed, tearing yourself from his grip, growing defensive.

"Well, you, sweetheart, you are going to help me take down Hawks for life. After what he pulled with Twice is released and your testimony, he'll never walk free again. And you'll be coming with me." He answered with a smile.

"I don't think so."

You looked over your shoulder, seeing Keigo standing there. He seemed exhausted, his body covered with burns and injuries, his jacket completely gone, leaving him in his black body undershirt. "Step away from her, Dabi. She doesn't belong to you. She's mine."

He didn't move, only brought his hand up to your throat, one of his fingers being lit with a bright blue flame. "Why don't you come and get her then?"

(A/N: SHE KNOWS SHE KNOWS AND I KNOW SHE KNOWWSSSS

IM SORRY ITS STUCK IN MY HEAD BYE

But uhm yeah shit is going down

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!